How do you most often carry your concealed handgun?

How do you most often carry your concealed handgun?

• IWB (Inside waistband)

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • OWB (outside waistband)

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Pocket Carry

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Shoulder Holster

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Off Body Carry

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Open Carry

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Do not ever carry a handgun

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DMK

I see a lot of folks post about OWB carry, but I'm curious from our little sample of forum gun owners, what percentage carry that way.

Please select the way you carry most often. You may comment on the other ways below.

For example, I most often carry a CCO or PCR IWB, but occasionally carry an S&W 642 in my front pocket (in a pocket holster) and in the very occasional rare case will carry one of the above or an SP-101 357 off body (such as accessible but hidden in my car on a long road trip).

Last edited:

BigMikey76

The wording of the post implies there should be a poll... Did I read it wrong?

I carry IWB, but I have an IWB and an OWB for my PT111. Alien Gear's 2 holster combo was just too good to pass up. Now I am waiting for a new shell for my P07 so I can carry it, too. I may try OWB when the weather gets cold again and I am wearing a jacket regularly.

Cheapshooter

Pocket carry LCP in DeSantis Nemesis as grab and go CCW or BUG, so 100%.
In addition IWB carry Kahr Arms CM9, or Springfield XD40 Subcompact in Theis Holsters Hybrid IWB depending on weather, and clothing.

Looks like I have company with pocket carry; overwhelmingly cargo pockets in my pants/shorts, but occasionally jacket pockets in the winter.

I haven't been running in a while, but when I do, the fanny pack comes out. Why no vote there?

Or is that considered open carry now?:D

subhuman

I have Serpas for my G19,1911, SR40,and shield and mostly open carry, also have a couple of hybrids for the 19 and shield when I need to conceal

BillM

LCP, Crimson Trace laser, Alabama Holster Company kydex pocket holster.
Every day. Out in the woods, cold weather when I'm wearing heavier
clothing I may add something a bit larger in a OWB holster.

CajunBass

Smith & Wesson 642, OWB in a Don Hume JIT belt slide holster.

Don't have a picture of the 642 in one, but I got one for a S&W 910, just to have a holster for it in case I ever wanted to carry it.

DMK

That's interesting. Looks like an even split between IWB and OWB right now with 19 each. Pocket carry comes in at third place with 14.

I haven't been running in a while, but when I do, the fanny pack comes out. Why no vote there?

Or is that considered open carry now?
I didn't even consider that. I'd say it's a vote for pocket carry since I can't edit the poll. It's just that you are adding a pocket to your belt.

I suppose that some would argue that it's OWB, but with the fanny pack you don't need a cover garment, where with OWB you do so I see it closer to pocket carry in that sense.

Grant D

Either a J frame, or K frame OWB. Sometimes a 1911, also OWB.
I have IWB holsters, but OWB has won out for everyday carry.
I always wear my shirt tails untucked, and wear suspenders.

KenL

Pocket carry with a wallet holster for my TCP. This is what I voted as it's what I do most often because it's easiest. When I'm not pocket carrying I carry my Kahr CW40 IWB.