How do you like your Bodyguard

Wiskey_33

Love my 638, and I agree, the finish sucks, and chips/scratches easily.

Looking to have it redone in something more durable.

Captain38

If I may be so presumptuous as to answer for csmsss, it's, of course, a matter of personal preference.

The ADVANTAGE of the Centennial is that it allows for a higher grip on the back-strap than the Bodyguard which makes it closer to the bore line and reduces upward muzzle recoil when it's fired. I also believe its design allows for better pocket carry in most commonly worn trousers.

Many would say the exposed hammer of the Bodyguard has an advantage over the Centennial because it can be fired single action for longer range and more deliberate shots.

I, personally, always use double-action only and so have had the single-action notch removed from MY only Bodyguard AirWeight so that there can be no claim in court that I had cocked it during an encounter leading to a hair-trigger single action discharge.

Last edited:

Sam06

I have thought about the Cet. Mod but if I got one it would have to have the Grip safety. I got beat up by the anti-glock guys for CCW'ing a weapon with no safety(LOL). No really I think they look cool and Nostalgic with the Grip safety no other reason.

I like the idea of being able to go into SA mode for hitting that far Beer can or shooting a sniper off of a roof like Cannon could do. Maybe down the road if I can find a nice used one, Blued or Nickled. Right now I want a Used M38/49 that I can beat around with and not worry about messing up the finish any worse than it already is.