Home made exploding ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

markj

IIRC John Hinkley used Devastators in the 22 he used to shoot President Reagan. They were very effective weren't they?

Needed a longer barrel for them to work right, hinckly was an idiot.

Now why would anyone want a bullet to blow up? get some tannerite and have a fun time..

B. Lahey

I remember an article in some gunrag (maybe Gun Digest) I saw as a kid where the writer and his family inserted primers into the hollowpoints of .45-70 rounds. The idea was that they made a little flash when they hit a hard target quite a ways off, so they could tell who was hitting and who was missing during informal competitions.

rayway

A pistol primer is not going to increase the damage if put on a pistol hollow point bullet. Mabey for shooting at metal gongs you will get some kicks and giggles. :p

pgdion

+1 on the Tannerite. Thought it was a silly waste of money .... until my father-in-law bought some! :D

Redhawk5.5+P+

Redhawk, perhaps I should have been more specific - used to be sold in my area by one shop only back in the '80s, then they disappeared from the scene. This was, of course, prior to the internet. Still think they are a bad idea.

They're in Vegas were I live. I ran into the vendor at a gun show, he didn't have any on hand, TBS, I would have bought some just for the heck of it. I still would like to get some just to waste some of my million's.:D

Xfire68

Just sounds ridiculous to me! Why in the world would you do it? They most certainly won't go any faster.

The guy at the party is a goofball!:D

Fabiankitchen

I make them!

I do in fact make my own .22lr explosive rounds. I use primer powder and flint powder/flint. Checkm out, first couple videos of them being used, then a how to on to make them, then about eight more in action with slow motion. I love them, a little time consuming to make but surely effective! They go off on soft and hard targets :D

Heres the link to my video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkIiTlpD3w

alex0535

Sounds like a quick way to inadvertently start a forest or brush fire with.

A bullet is just a bullet until those sparks start a fire you can not put out. Burn down a couple thousand acres of space because you thought sparky bullets were a good idea.

Tac-comm

Sounds like a quick way to inadvertently start a forest or brush fire with.

A bullet is just a bullet until those sparks start a fire you can not put out. Burn down a couple thousand acres of space because you thought sparky bullets were a good idea.

I second that... This is how bad gun news is made.

BornToLooze

I had heard before that if you take a magnesium fire starter and scrape some of it off into a hollow point it will make it explosive. Maybe it's just me but putting something highly flammable into the end of a bullet doesn't sound like a good idea. It might work if there's more to it than that, but all I head has put the powder into a hollow point and then shoot it.

sfmedic

why??

sounds like something a kid would try. i think this would be filed under "stupid things to do"

I bet a lawyer would have a great time with this one if some idiot actually used one and the family sues him.

Gaerek

I remember when a friend and I stole a can of black powder from his dad. We had a lot of fun. We also almost burned down the house. Did I mention we were 13 at the time?

kdemers58

Never heard of the primer in the hollow point before but years ago we used to take a bb and put in in a hollow base wad cutter hold it there with a little melted wax had great expansion . but no explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.