• I don't home carry

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I don't have room on my belt for a home

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadi Khalil

Hello all,

I was wondering, who home carries and if you do, is it the same gun you EDC or something different? If you don't home carry, why not? In my area, brazent home invasions happen all the time so home carry seems like the logical solution. However, where you live home invasions may never happen so home carry might not make sense. So, aside from the "which gun" questions, how does the reader/writership feel about carrying in the home?

ranchito457

I'm sitting at home right now and carrying the same gun I carried all day.Whatever is on me when I get home stays on my hip till I go to bed for the evening. My belief is the more I mess with in and out of my gun safes the more I'm asking to forget something out that belongs in-I have 4 young daughters under the age of 9 so if it aint on my body it has to be locked away.But I do homecarry even on days I dont leave the house-I just make it a rule to start and end the day with the same gun on me!

AK103K

I carry the same guns I got up with, until I go to bed. If you dont have it on you, you really dont have it, no matter how close you think it might be around the house, or elsewhere.

These days, we live in a very rural area, but all the things that happen in the big cities, still seem to happen out here, and some things even more so, and we have no police protection to speak of, other than the occasional State Trooper (many of whom were, until recently, off chasing one boy around the woods in another part of the state, at the cost of $1,000,000 a week), who might be here in 5 minutes, or 45 minutes, depending on where they are at any given moment in the county. If something goes south, we're pretty much on our own, until the cavalry gets here to take the report.

Sevens

My answer is exactly the same as the guys above me and for similar reasons. I might alter that if I were to buy a nice piece of property & move to it, somewhere out in the sticks where I'd spend far, far, -FAR- more time outdoors (work or play!) might have me actually choosing a different handgun for home carry than "rest of the world" carry but at this point, there's no benefit to that for me.

If there is a difference with me from most/many it's simply that I employ ONE EDC and never rotate other guns in to a carry rotation and I have no desire to carry other guns that I own or buy.

hoss1969

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

Practice what you carry, carry what you practice. If not on me, arms reach 24/7. What about no go areas you ask? I dont go there! Post office you ask? I go to the ups store.

AK103K

We have big dogs too, and with free roam of the house. They are just part of a "layered" system of security, but one of the strongest points.

Onward Allusion

I carry a full-sized pistol with higher capacity at home. Sometimes that home gun goes out with me.

My rationale is that there is more room to maneuver out of the house (i.e. run the other direction or evade). When at home, where are you going to run? Outside? Leave the safety of your home or leave your loved ones to fend for themselves? Lock yourself in a room? All the more reason to have more capacity and power.

SPEMack618

Generally my Colt stays on my belt, well inside my pants, but you get my drift, from the time I get home from work until I declare no pants o'clock in the bedroom.

If I'm on the couch reading or mentally moose hunting in Montana while the lady watches Dancing with the Stars and Mr. I Hate American busts down my front door, I don't want to run down to the basement, realize I forgot my keys, well, you get my drift.

adrian44

My EDC is a compact for proper concealment with light clothing, my home carry is a full size that holds 4 more rounds.

Shadi Khalil

Very interesting replies guys, thanks for the response. We have a few different guns that fit the role but for home defense I use my EDC, a S&W M&P 9c. It stays on my hip till bed time. Once it comes off, I slap a 17 round mag in it and TRL3. My wife, who is a stay at home mom, uses a 10/22 with a 50 round mag and TRL3 as well.

SC4006

However, where you live home invasions may never happen so home carry might not make sense.

I don't think you can ever say a home invasion will never happen. Regardless of how much it happens in your area, it's always possible. It's always wise to have a firearm ready to go while at home. It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Crankylove

I use my carry gun.............cause it's already on me from the time I get out of bed until I get back into bed.

I do also have several loaded pistols/revolvers, and a shotgun easily accessible at home.

Dragline45

I don't carry on my person in my home, but ill set my carry gun down next to me wherever I am most of the time. When I get out of work I don't keep my suit on or throw on a pair of jeans, I wear a pair of gym shorts and a t shirt so I am not about to strap a holster on.

Oysterboy

I have only one pistol, a Sig P250c 40sw so it's both my EDC and home. It's with me all the time in and out.

I have an MP15 556 NATO carbine by my bed with the mag in a secret compartment. No kids in the house, just me and my sis.