Holsters, does color matter?

Captains1911

I'm a sucker for anything Kryptic. But I don't open carry unless it's around my property, most of my concealed carry holsters are black. Different colors/patterns does help in identifying them in the box though.

rodfac

I use an OWB exclusively and do have both black and brown holsters for my usual carry piece. First off...holster color is not a fashion statement for me. As I make my own, I'm into fit, security and finish. Depending on my wardrobe needs for the day, I choose either black or brown to better hide the rig from inadvertent display. For jeans, a black finish hides better than brown/tan...you get the idea. Rod

Brit

I have worn 511 pants since picking the first pair up in a visit to the FBI Academy 50 years ago. I have 6 or 7 pairs? These pants screamed cop then! Which I am not! Just a full-time Firearms Instructor. But nowadays everybody wears them, some form of multi-pocket models. In every country.
All mine have a flap pocket that takes a cell phone. I will be 86 YOA next month
Not really into fashion statements.

A black Kydex OWB holster on the right hip, for my Gen 4 Glock 19 covered by a Florida shirt, sweater in cooler weather. Once when loading the Jeep, felt a tug on my shirt (a nice uniformed female Deputy pulling my shirt down!) I called "Thank you" she waved.

Our personal vehicle is a Marked Security Jeep. My Sons Company.

gwpercle

I don't know why but I prefer brown leather . I do have 3 or 4 black leather holsters for formal affairs ...Black coat and tie , but with my blue jeans and T-shirts , I like brown , natural and carved leather holsters .
Gary

Rob228

The majority of my CCW holsters are black, I think I have a few Milt Sparks Summer Specials that are a lighter brown. This thread made me realize that none of them match my belt color, which I guess could show that I am carrying if my shirt raises up that high, but I've come to the realization that:
1) If I print or accidentally make a movement that shows that I am carrying it tends to go unnoticed
2) There are a lot of people open carrying in my area anyway, I am not a fan of open carry but if I print or flash I am not really concerned
3) I don't fully buy into the theory that if my pistol isn't completely hidden I am making myself a target.

From a fashion standpoint.... I may need some different belts.

moose fat

Personal preference, myself I'm partial to brown pancake holsters, floral carved from El Paso Saddelry. The carving is actually art work. I figure if I accidentally expose, the focus will be on the carving and not scream gun, my 2 cents.

well, i typically go with black.
typically lol no i always go with black.

why? really simple reason really.
black kinda goes with everything. i know that may seem silly to some. but some of my holsters may end up duty holsters or just accompanying me during a formal event such as a protest.
for duty work, ive never been able to wear anything but a black holster anywhere.
for a formal event, wearing some weird bright yellow holster would look silly with the outfit for a typical american (blue jeans and a black T shirt)

so i go with black.
i also have this weird OCD thing if you could call it that.
plastic guns go with plastic holsters. metal guns go with leather holsters
metal guns need wood grips
and the ammo carriers need to match the holster, so leather holster=leather carriers
plastic holster= plastic carriers

(i say carriers because most times i carry a revolver)

but a metal ammo carrier goes with both plastic and leather holsters.
and it goes deeper than that.
the knives have a set of criteria as well that i wont bore you all with

i know i know. its silly. but back to the original topic.
yes, black and only black lol