Hog Scope for Dangerous Game?

alex0535

It reminds me a lot of the Accu-Range reticule that I have on my redfields. Basically the same design without the hash marks on the sides and below the circle.

I shoot squirrels through the heart at any range I can see one. For a target as large as a bear, I think I could hit one exactly where I want to with it.

alex0535

^I can't see them out past 100 yards, you sir have very good vision and a lot more open space than we have here.

chewie146

Amen to that. I can't see deer at 600 yards around here. Elk are visible if they're on the Valle. I'd think that would be a neat scope. It looks like a quick reticule.

reynolds357

Nope. You can pick up used, torn up stuff cheap from rich people that dont know its under warranty.:D You can also pick up a lot of torn up stuff cheap that is not torn up.Got a lot of out of state hunters that hunt around me that sell stuff cheap. The problem is never them, its always their tools.:) Every time a deer gets missed, or hit and not found; something gets sold.
I bought a custom 700 25-06 in a custom (hand made) stock that is a $2k rifle for $400. "It wont hit s..t." It just needed cleaning. I cleaned copper out of the barrel for 3 days. Its now a 1/2 minute rifle.

Last edited:

FALPhil

Well, I ended up with a Weaver Classic V 1-3x from Midway.
http://content.midwayusa.com/produc...es-rifle-scope-1-3x-20mm-dual-x-reticle-matte

I would have preferred a 1-4x, but considering I will probably keep the scope set for 1x in most situations, it does not really matter.

I was amazed at how hard it is to find a low magnification scope with a one inch tube these days. I found plenty with 30mm tubes, most of which had busy reticles, but the pickings for a low power scope in one inch for centerfire rifles are pretty slim.

reynolds357

Yeah, I have never been able to figure out why the vast majority of calibers that a low power scope are appropriate for require the amount of windage and elevation adjustment to necessitate a 30mm tube.

wooly booger

i would not trust the vx1 either. I have a Ruger #1 in .35 Whelen that wears a a Leupold VX3 1.5-5x20 . This is the perfect scope for a relatively close range cartridge like the .35 or 9.3