Hog Hunting In Texas

603Country

I shoot hogs as I see them. I would rather kill them than leave them wounded, but if wounded is the best I can do, so be it. I'll put what I can in the freezer and what I don't eat I will use for coyote bait. My theory is that the pigs I kill will allow me to kill more coyotes. That will help fawn survival in the local deer herd.

And nothing but the hogs are rooting up my hay field. They can really do some damage overnight. I don't want to hear anybody whining to me about the poor little hogs and how they need to be understood because they are cute and intelligent.

At 4 pm today I'll be back in the blind, looking for hogs.

Keg

Sickening. Extremely unethical. ALL mammals deserve the same ethics as you would on deer, regardless of nuisance level.

All mammals? What about rats? We kill them with poison..traps..and shovels(at the barn)....

Hog hunting is not sporting hunting at all..it is an attempt at erradication....

shooterbob

On the matter of sport vs vermin, consider bowfishing. Carp are considered vermin and so are gar. Trash fish anyway. They are open season. Whereas bass are protected. Ethical shots are not considered much on trash fish. But you can't even hunt gamefish with a bow.If you think about it, a lot of it has to do with money. Bass bring in a lot more money that carp and gar. Same thing with pigs and deer. Even squirrels and rabbits have a season in places. But no hog season? Pigs are one of the few animals that can reproduce in the size and grow as fast and are considered a renewable resource in other countries lol.

saltydog452

If I lived in the Everglades, I wouldn't feel any more compassion for shotgunning a Python as I would for swating a mosquito.

Feral pigs would receive the same respect and compassion.

salty

I'vebeenduped

"Sickening. Extremely unethical. ALL mammals deserve the same ethics as you would on deer, regardless of nuisance level."

Unless of course, you lost an entire year worth of income. How would you confront a thief that broke in to your house demanding to steal a years worth of YOUR income? I do not see much difference there.

All mammals? What about rats? We kill them with poison..traps..and shovels(at the barn)....

And why are mammals special? What about birds, herps, and fish? How about Animalia in general?

I do find the deer standard to be an interesting consideration, though a bit misguided.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
DNS, folks are trying to use simple analogies. Don't go expanding this deal way beyond the basic points folks are trying to make. :)