HMG StG-44 reproduction

highpower3006

I ordered one too. I believe that the majority of those that poo-poo these are those that would find an excuse to not buy one no matter what. I ordered mine in 7.92X33 and have managed to buy a few hundred rounds of Privi. I need to get some loading dies and I'll be set.

Thanks for the chuckles,,,,,

I found this thread after seeing a fb post about the HMG, and I had to comment.

Model12Win, I find it fascinating your relentless urge to bash the firearm, over your preference for "authenticity" and yet you completely ignore the fact that you are free to buy a reproduction with those same authentic attributes. If that's what you want, then just pay for it.

As far as bemoaning the alleged lack of ammunition, everyone does know that 7.92X33's patent case is the 8mm Mauser, right? A set of easily obtainable reloading dies and cases are made from ANY of the Mauser/-06 family of cartridges. .243 anyone? Add casting your own projectiles and you get the cost down to about a dime a shot.

Makes that initial MSRP a tad more palatable, doesn't it?

As far as the interchangeability of the trigger pack, in this day and age of the discriminating AR shooter, sounds like a pretty smart idea to me.

IF the HMG "homage" has all the bugs worked out, runs well, and is financially sustainable to produce, more power to 'em!

Skans

My guess is that HMG will not be making these forever; or even for more than a couple of years. So, buy two - one in the original caliber and another in 7.62x39. Then, sell the one in the original caliber in 3 years and you will have paid for your fun shooter!:D

JT-AR-MG42

Just how many cases have you made?

You'll have a wait for quality (RCBS) Kurz dies and a trim die.

I've been making 8x33 cases for over 30 years and you'll want to work
with 22-250s to cut down on the amount of neck
reaming needed when annealing and forming cases.

Wilson sells the reamer needed.
There will not be sufficient clearance (fired case mouth inside diameter)
for the bullet without neck reaming ANY '06 base case.

I bought a bunch of the Privi brass some years back. Sweet.
Just too bad someone did not teach them how to form a proper
boxer primed primer pocket. You end up needing to swedge the pockets.
However, the brass is of consistent quality.

Casting your own bullets?
Sounds good.
The MPs I own have a rather unforgiving
feed ramp toward the old Hornady 125gr. SP.
After Hornady switched over to and then dropped the 125 HP (I never tried or mentioned their ammo),
I tried to contact NEI concerning the 125 gr. Spitzer mold they cataloged.
Are they still in business? I have no luck contacting them.

Rumors of Graf finally importing Privi 125gr. FMJs
for the reloader are the current hope.

I also hope their project comes around.
Might mean bullets will once again become available.

JT

Ozzieman

Well have fun with your fake, modernized, inauthentic "STG-44" in-name-only parody.
The STG 44 has always amazed me and years ago I got to hold one. A real one, amazing firearm. When American tactical came out with a 44 in 22 LR I snapped it up for $16,000 less than one I saw sell back in 2010 that the numbers didn’t match and wood was crap but supposedly it fired. I tried on line and I can’t even find anyone selling ammo for one.
My point is that sometimes you can’t have what you want without selling your muscle car and then never being able to shoot it.
I am very happy with my 22 but when these come out I will probably sell my SL-8 and buy one.