HK Striker announced

sigarms228

Hands down my favorite HK platform. I own ever caliber and carry the USPc 40 since 1998 after my wife took my USPc 9mm in 1997. It points so natural I could practically rip the sights off.

WOW nice set of HK USP Compacts Mystro. :cool:

The USP series do not have the monkey grips like the P30 but they look bad *** and all business. Comparing the slide release on the USP to the VP9, well there is no comparison. Nothing cheap looking about the USP - quite the contrary.

I have to admit I am a big 24 fan also and that adds to the appeal for me watching Jack Bauer carry one around for several seasons.

I wish I could find a range around here that rents the USPc so I could put a couple hundred rounds through it. How would you say it fits your hand compared to the SIG P228??

I expect to do my CCW here in Illinois sometime soon and I want to have a pistol with a safety (an old fashioned idea I know) in addition to what I already have. My P30LS and HK45 have safety but a bit on the big side for regular carry probably for me.

Last edited:

Mystro

How would you say it fits your hand compared to the SIG P228??

Ill put it this way: my USP Compact is my light weight carry P229. :D
Both fit exactly the same in the hand. The only difference is there is more carry options with the USP C. If you like the way the P228/229 feels then I guarantee the USP Compact is like a light weight polymer version of them and you will love it. The weight difference between the P228/229 is significant enough to really appreciate the HK over the Sig when carrying.

I compare the two in a video I did of my "Top 8 CCW handguns"
http://youtu.be/_YuokgDxRqE

sigarms228

Thanks for the info Mystro.

Looks like may want to take a closer look at the HK USP Compact if you consider it to be your polymer P228/P229!

TunnelRat

Looks like may want to take a closer look at the HK USP Compact if you consider it to be your polymer P228/P229!

Definitely should. That's basically the reason I own the P2000. Frankly the USP Compact is even better, but the ergos don't work for me due to a handicapp I have. Put a match trigger kit in it and you can do amazing thing.

sigarms228

Yeah I am hoping to find a local range that has a rental of one to spend some more time with. I don't mind making the investment if it suits me well.

My LGS got rid of their USP rentals. :mad: I think they only have various P30 models, HK45, and Mark 23 now.

mete

I don't understsnd those who fear a striker fired pistol.They've been around for many years .Among the best are HK P7 a very reliable ,durable pistol.