HK SP5 Pricing

TunnelRat

highpower3006 said:
The AP5 shipped with one magazine and I had ordered six more from Atlantic. they were out of the 30 round MKE magazines and I opted to get the POF mags that were still available. At $109 + shipping for two, they came out to about $57 apiece.

As an FYI, you can get the MKE magazines on GunMagWarehouse for $49.99. Sounds like you're set for mags now, but if you wanted more at some point they do have them. Mine were on a bigger sale from the same vendor and were $45 a magazine. Not that much less I know, but every bit helps.

highpower3006 said:
The AP5 as I received it was $1180 + $30 shipping. Add the SB Tactical brace and two extra magazines + shipping and the total comes to $1520 plus sales tax and any FFL fees.

Atlantic and a number of vendors now are selling a SKU that is the AP5 Core pistol, plus the SB Tactical brace for only $100 more. If people want the brace I think that's the best bargain, because I haven't seen the brace for less than $100 anywhere. Family Firearms has the pistol with brace for sale at $1199 + shipping. I think that's a solid deal. https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cent-ap5-9mm-9-30rd-w-brace-1

highpower3006 said:
The HK fanboys think that anything but a real HK is beneath their notice, but the fit on finish on my AP5 is first rate, it functioned perfectly, looks cool and overall I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

On the off chance this is directed at me, I want to say I also think that if you get one without issues it's actually a pretty good value for the money, and I say this as someone that is in the boat I am. The fit and finish on mine is honestly excellent other than my one issue (granted it's a big issue) and function was solid. For scratching the, "I want to own an MP5", itch, I think it's a solid choice. The problem I'm seeing is that it's Century Arms that is handling them, and Century Arms doesn't seen to be the best to deal with if you do have an issue like me. I personally couldn't justify the $3000 for a true HK, and even now I still wouldn't.

My advice to others would be to spend the time inspecting one if you order it before you accept the transfer.

highpower3006 said:
But if Century punks out on you at least you still have the option of mounting a RDS or other such optical sight and use it that way instead. I have a Holosun on my CZ and after using it for a while, I wouldn't want to use it any other way. Regular hit out to 100 yards are possible with the RDS which is something I can't say I can do with just the irons.

Understood, and that's what I plan to do. Like I said above though, for $1300, even with how I do think this is a deal, I'm not giving up on bothering Century just yet. I want to use the diopter sights. If Century tells me to pound sand I know gunsmiths locally that might be able to help me, though it will certainly add to the cost (an unfortunate lesson).

Glad it worked out for you, enjoy!

highpower3006

FYI the HK crack wasn’t aimed at you in any way at all. I have a couple of genuine HK guns (91 & 93) and there is no doubt that they make a quality product. I may have even bought one if they were selling at MSRP. But I have a hard time paying the premium that sellers are asking. I admit that I was a bit nervous after reading about the issue that you had with yours and am glad that mine is okay.

You have every right to be disappointed with the gun you received and I sincerely hope that Century does right by you and replaces your gun with a new one.

TunnelRat

I wanted to update. Took just over a week but I did get a response from CAI. After submitting some paperwork they have sent me a prepaid shipping label and the pistol will shortly be back on its way to CAI.

I have shot the pistol again since all of this. I just like shooting this thing, it’s fun. If I can get this returned to me working as intended I’ll be happy with the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'88Scrat

It makes me happy to hear they're willing to stand behind their products. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose not always been so lucky.

Will be curious to see what they find out.

highpower3006

Nice to hear that they got back to you and are at least willing to look at it. Good luck, I hope they straighten it out (pun intended).

TunnelRat

Nice to hear that they got back to you and are at least willing to look at it. Good luck, I hope they straighten it out (pun intended).

Haha, yeah me too. In the info they sent they give a breakdown of turnaround as follows:

Repairs: 4-6 weeks
Replacement: 2-3 weeks

I’m sort of hoping for the latter. This first picture is as close as I can get to POA at 14 yd with a rest with. Group on the far right is where it impacts from factory, less right is where it is now with the rear sight drifted all the way left. Below that is looking down the upper receiver.

f21b10c97e355f89c750e759b39cc9fc.jpg

e726af0046bf8ec4d8c9150d47d75615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TunnelRat

I wanted to update this in the event someone is considering a CAI AP5. It is now week 10 and I still don't have the firearm back. I have left a voicemail over a week ago that was ignored. I am sending more emails.

If you get a "good" AP5 hold on to it. Dealing with CAI is probably the slowest customer service I have encountered thus far in the industry (in fairness from what I can tell they have one person to handle all of their warranty work customer interactions). If I did this again I would probably pay the premium for a US made version, or honestly just get something else.

jetinteriorguy

I wanted to update this in the event someone is considering a CAI AP5. It is now week 10 and I still don't have the firearm back. I have left a voicemail over a week ago that was ignored. I am sending more emails.

If you get a "good" AP5 hold on to it. Dealing with CAI is probably the slowest customer service I have encountered thus far in the industry (in fairness from what I can tell they have one person to handle all of their warranty work customer interactions). If I did this again I would probably pay the premium for a US made version, or honestly just get something else.
You’ve clearly never dealt with Taurus Warranty.