HK P2000 Compact

JDBerg

Mike Irwin: said:
Price is $395

You probably can’t buy another polymer-framed hammer-fired carry gun nearly as good as a P2000SK for that money! If you can, buy it! If you can’t, buy that P2000SK!

It's my friend who's looking at it.

I have no affinity, nor desire, for a polymer handgun, really.

I already have a .40, an S&W 410.

dgludwig

Brian Pearce authored an interesting review on the Model P2000 (Variant 3) pistol in the February 2019 issue of the Handloader magazine.

Moot point, his wife didn't like it and it was in worse condition than he originally thought.

He ended up buying a Sig P365 because both of them really liked the grip.

IAhunter

I too carried an issued P2000 on duty for over 10 years. The OP's friend and I may have worked for the same agency. Mine was in .40 S&W with the LEM trigger. I fired many thousands of rounds through that pistol over the years and only remember ever having one malfunction (FTF) and that was right before I retired late last year. I had failed to seat the magazine properly after a reload.

Although I was not fond of the trigger and was not impressed with the gun's overall accuracy, I did like the gun and do plan to buy one. I already miss the one I was issued.
Extremely reliable and user friendly gun.

IAhunter,

my friend was with the US Park Police for 33 years.

Started off carrying a Model 10 revolver, transitioned to an HK P7M13, then transitioned to the P2000 for the last few years of his career before he retired.

Brian48

I have a p2000sk V3. I carry it every now and then. Bought it on impulse a while back. Of my subcompact 9mms, it's definitely the most accurate and completely reliable with every type of ammo I've thrown it. If you like DA/SA, it's a good choice. The only thing I don't like about it is the gap between finger extension and the mag well tends to pinch my pinky when I'm shooting. Really annoying. The other is the ridiculously heavy DA pull. The heavy pull I was able to rectify, but not the finger pinch problem.

To be perfectly honest, I actually like my MP9c better. The ergonomics are superior in my opinion.