Hiking Handguns?

Which Type Of Hiking Handgun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skydiver3346

best hiking pistol?

For me, it is the S&W model 51 (.22 magnum). I live in Florida so that works best for me. First two rounds have snake shot, the other four rounds are Federal 50 grain HP's. If out west, I would take my Model 19 Smith in .357 magnum.

jimmyjohnsonjr

depends on where your at

funny I know you all read my post and my love for the 22 but where you are hiking is in texas, New Mexico or Arizona I would take something a little bigger. I have Glock 19 thats what I would bring and extra 15 rd magazine ...reason 2 legged critters , home grown & bandits from across the boarder . Mexico is the worst shape it has been in years , I'm not talking about innocent folks looking for work but drug cartel members who are on the run ! I have friends & family in S Texas near the boarder they tell me how bad things are . They cross the boarder to fill prescription medicine as they have no insurance & no extra cash , you cant bring any guns into Mexico but they make the trip fast and careful .

Cremon

JimmyJ I am right with you - the primary reason I carry is for 2 legged predators. I am not AS worried about being attacked by panthers or black bears even though we do have them here in Georgia in very small numbers. We have wild dogs too, but those seem to be afraid of humans. I agree with the dogs - it's the humans that worry me most too

XDMGATOR

Whenever we go 4-wheelin' , hiking, hunting or any other activity in the woods I always carry the ol' S&W model 686 S.S. with me :D