High dollar ammo and "BOOLITS"

Crankylove

In factory rifle ammo I tend to gravitate toward Remington Corelokt. 2 reasons. Inexpensive, and it works. I've never lost a deer to a Corelokt bullet. It also tends to be fairly accurate from my guns. What's not to like??

What he said ^

Most of what I shoot are my own reloads, but if a factory round is going thru my .270, its a 130 grain Remmington Cor-Lokt. They aren't the newest design, and they don't have cool graphics on the box, or have some over paid magazine writer telling me how they are the greatest thing since smokeless powder........but they shoot fantastic in my gun, they are relatively inexpensive (compared to some other factory options), and they have never failed to fill my hunting tags. For me, its not worth paying premium prices for ammo when the less expensive stuff fills my needs just fine.

NWCP

I shoot what works best in my rifles. Price although important these days isn't the determining factor for me. For a day at the range I look for bargain ammo, but sighting in and hunting I use the ammo that works. It's not a cheap sport to begin with so why pinch pennies in the field? Sometimes the better ammo for a given gun just happens to be reasonable. That's a bonus. Other times you have to cough up for premium fodder. I've never reloaded and haven't got the room, or inclination these days. If I had a place with a nice shop I might get into it, but I don't see that on the horizon anytime soon... if ever.