Hide a handgun in your closet.

Moby

http://www.luckygunner.com/how-to-t...a0ad841f9c-180_Day_Follow_Up&utm_medium=email

This is from Luckygunner.com
I thought it was interesting.
For me, I'm hoping my dogs will wake me up
and aviod a surprise intruder. But I think it's worth the post.

If you've ever thought about how to properly hide a home defense handgun in your bedroom, this DIY guide from one of our customers here at LuckyGunner.com is pretty ingenious. He has taken a pair of old blue jeans and sewn them in such a way as to create a closet holster that allows a loaded handgun to be hidden in the middle of the blue jeans while ensuring the blue jeans remain hanging on a hanger. We call it a "Closet Jeans Holster". It's the perfect closet concealed carry location for your home - and below this customer of ours shows you how you can create the same for your home.

FoghornLeghorn

I'm not sure the purpose.

Burglers tend to pretty much dismantle a bedroom when they're searching. My folk's house was similarly robbed. All the clothes had been taken out of the closet and laid on the bed. The drawers had all been taken out and placed upside down on the floor.

A handgun in the clothes would have been discovered.

So if you're simply hiding a gun, why?

If you're hiding a SD weapon, just put it in the nightstand. You might not have time to make it to the closet.

J2.

Mine will always be with in reach, along with a flashlight. It's a nice idea but if there is trouble I'm not going to the closet.

jasmith85

Its a very interesting idea for an extra HD gun but as others have said I prefer my primary HD gun to be closer to me.

Valerko

Doesn't every closet have shelves as well ?
Why not just have gun hidden there in between folded shirts, pans..... Same principal ,isn't it ?

"Why not just have gun hidden there in between folded shirts, pans....."

That's how my brother hid his.

He doesn't have it anymore... The person who broke into his house apparently has it.

manta49

Why not just have gun hidden there in between folded shirts, pans....."

That's how my brother hid his.

He doesn't have it anymore... The person who broke into his house apparently has it.

If you had a gun here and its was stolen and you didn't have it properly secured in a safe. You would probably have your licence revoked. There is also the matter if the thief wasn't armed when he entered your house you have just armed him. If you came home and disturbed him it could be a fatal mistake.

Last edited:

Dragline45

It's clever but I see no real purpose in doing so. When I am sleeping my gun sits next to me on the night stand, when I am out of the home it sits on my hip. As far as all my other guns they get locked up.

dayman

Do a lot of people hang their jeans up?
It seems like a small hidden safe would be a better idea.
I guess without kids there's a bit less of a need to make sure guns are secured as well as hidden.

I keep my "nightstand gun" locked in a little safe I can tuck between the bed and the night stand. It even has a cable to lock to the bed frame, so any would be thief would have to find it, then either cut the cable, or saw through the bed to get it free. Then it would still be in a locked box. Not the fastest to retrieve, but that's why I have dogs.

I do have an in wall safe I keep hidden behind a row of cloths in the closet, but it needs a key, so it's not exactly ideal for midnight emergencies.

dfsixstring

I have a pocket holster mounted inside the bed rail on my side of the bed. It is within easy reach while I'm in bed and is covered by my blanket while I'm sleeping and when the bed is made up. If I happen not to wake up before someone enters the room, and they don't kill me immediately, I could reach it and at least have a fighting chance. I feel uncomfortable leaving a pistol "on" my night table (no drawer on this table). The only other option would require me to get out of bed (wooden bed is noisy) and go to my dresser across the room. I did what I felt like worked for my case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Verbal Clint

Seems like a good idea. Also seems like a Class B misdemeanor in TX if you have kids in the house and the police find out. Not trying to be rude...just saying. I know, I know. We all want our guns accessible. Please don't flame me for pointing that out :/