hi point C9 9mm

Save up another $75 to $90 clams. You can do that. Go to gunbroker tonight and search for smith 5904 5903 5946 or a used sigma (make sure the sigma is no more than 7 or 8 yrs old) Also try Ruger p95. I've seen all these go for under $250.00. Yes even recently. You may have to get one that has alot of holster wear or maybe the finish is a little rough But functions perfectly. This gives you a first rate pistol on the Cheap. Let us know what you find. Good luck

steelbird

Looked at a C9 a few days ago when I was at my local Gander Mountain. The slide locked up, and it was quite an effort to get it unlocked. Not a good selling point. I've heard good things about Hi-Point, but this one didn't reflect those opinions.

k511

I agree with the Ruger P its just a better bang for your buck...if the high point it your budget though and waiting is not in your interest, then the high point will do you fine...mine is my least favorite firearm, but it has over 1k rounds without failure, and without cleaning..accuracy is not bad either...

dave9969

you the great part about a hi point?
you never have to clean one
you just throw it away when it quits shooting an buy another one!
I have owned a few
yeah they are ugly as home made sin, most resemble a cheap power drill from a distance
an pretty sure they make a fine hammer in a pinch
Never have to worry about it getting stolen, I mean really its like a Yugo keys in it running, still where ya left it an hour later.

Go For It

I bought a HiPoint 9mm tens years ago. It was like $99 back then. Was the first handgun I ever purchased. Was just looking for something to start shooting a pistol. I still have it, I keep it loaded and in the console of my truck. I have my CC permit and can legally keep it there. I don't mind keeping it there. If someone would break into my truck and steal it I'm not out much cash. Don't shoot it much anymore but it never failed to fire or have any problems with it. It isn't pretty and it is heavy but for a starter gun it suited me just fine.

Cheapshooter

you just throw it away when it quits shooting an buy another one
No, you send It back to Hi-Point, and they fix It, or send you a new one. Lifetime guarantee that really means forever guarante. No matter how many times the gun has changed hands. No questions!
Cheap, heavy for caliber, ugly, rough finish, poor trigger, but reliable, and surprisingly good accuracy.