Help with finding info on side by side shot gun.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
What BigDinFl suggests... Inspection by a smith experienced in this sort of gun...

Than if it passes, I would fire the light loads he called "Vintager" as these are loaded to be safe in old guns that have passed inspection by a smith...

Brent

PetahW

"IF" & when the gun passes an inspection by a qualified doublegun 'smith, and not some AR parts-changer, as being safe to shoot, at all - safe, low-powered specialty loads for those older shotguns are available commercially from RST, PolyWad, Kent Cartridge, GameBore & a few others.

NO other modern shotshells, including so-called "low brass", "field", and "target" loads are suitable for shooting in your Remington.

I regularly use RST shells in my 1911 Ithaca Flues 28ga SxS, and can attest to their utility.

tynman

PetahW I will look those loads up and see if I can find them locally.

I did shoot the gun today. It worked very well with no problems. I used those estate loads. So I am happy I didnt pay that much for a wall hanger..

BigD_in_FL

You used loads that are WAY too much pressure for that gun. You are playing with serious injury as those barrels or that action - with those high pressure loads - can let go at any time, removing body parts you would rather keep

tynman

Bigdinfl I don't have a problem getting loads that where recommend here. I will be ordering a few boxes next week.
But I just had to try the gun. And it works so now it probably will be a safe queen but I still want to have a few loads ( the right ones for that gun) on hand so if I want to just go out with it. I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge that I can use those loads I picked up yesterday. So they won't go to waste.
Thanks for your advice.