Help The Guy with the Broken QuickLoad :(

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
You'll keep thinking that, right up until you see what a 3,600+ fps 90 or 100 grain HP does to the same animal. It's a beautiful thing.
Even with varmint cartridges available to me... I always have, and always will keep some Speer 100 gr HPs loaded for the .270. Having twice the bullet explode in the animal really does make a difference. ;)

Maybe! :) I've hit a few with a 30-06. Light but non-varmint bullets. I'm hoping the varminter beats those.

I don't like recoil though. :(

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Because I use it for the 140gr sierra and was curious about what Quickload says it does with the the 90. Thats why! Nothing more, nothing less!

Ah, well, looks like QuickLoad thinks it would do OK but at a pretty compressed load. Good velocity though. Probably does better with heavier bullets. :)

mrawesome22

I got a new Linux distro installing atm on the puter, but RL is too slow and would give terrible results with this combo.

Edit: We also need more info to get a realistic calculation i.e. case h20 capacity from your fireformed brass and intended oal.

Btw Pete, QL's water capacity default for the 270 WSM was 80.5gr so yours were very close.

Last edited: