• H&K SL8-1

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • AR type rifle

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Springfield M1-A

Votes: 29 37.2%

• Total voters

saskuach

My initial thought was "Pfft, AR of course, duh"... but after seeing the M1A on a JAE-100 stock
1111new.jpg

... I think I need to wipe off my keyboard:eek:

berated

Berated- that looks like a halo weapon, do you kill aliens

Anal-probing aliens, marauding zombies, huge mutant insects---this thing shoots 'em all!! :p

I'm relatively new to firearms, but after shooting a few different black rifles, the FN FS2000 *felt* great. The styling nor the bullpup design may not appeal to everyone, but I'd urge folks to give it a try before they dismiss it.

Atticus Thraxx

Not very Tacticool, but if you want to put serious hurt downrange, the Browning BAR M1918 eats cars, trees, people and pretty much anything else in it's way. Little hard to get your hands on though.

surg_res

"The Rifleman" had an article recently on the SIG 556. I was sold on the modified Kalishinikov design and accessory-friendly design; however, was turned off after handling a couple. They are quite front-heavy. The trigger is a nice swiss 2-stage job, though, it felt bulkly. Lastly, the flip-up rear sight was this flimsy plastic/rubber thing that just didn't look like something I would fall back on.

I'd love to hear about how they shoot, nevertheless.

The ARs and the M1As are a dream to shoot. I personally have a CCQ-type AR (16" w/ all the other junk) and keep my M1A as a designated long-range weapon.

Eventually you will have them both--so don't worry too much :)

HorseSoldier

+1 on the triggers on Sig 556s being nice, but the weapon overall being kind of chunky feeling. The ones I've handled feel like a full sized rifle, even with the 16" barrel -- I'm reminded more of a full sized M16 rather than an M4 when picking them up.

PPGMD

Meh I never liked the Sig 556 trigger, I just don't like two stage triggers, I prefer a nice light trigger with no creep and a short amount of travel. At least on precision rifles.

Bigfatts

Well I just got back from doing the show in Port Charlotte and got to handle a couple of the rifles I'm thinking on. I like the 556 and there was also a M1A Scout I got to fiddle with. Now I have to decide what exactly I want. Do I want more of a CQB oriented rifle with the 556 or a mid-longer range rifle with the M1A. I also got to play with a Bohica in .338 Lapua that pricked my curiosity.