Help GP100 please

saleen322

This person is NOT representative of the usual Ruger customer service. I have found them to be very helpful and pleasant in the past. This person should not have a public facing role anywhere.

This was similar to my most recent dealing with Ruger. We have a GP100 in 327 magnum and it started having misfires on a regular basis. I thought most likely a weak spring as at least some 327 factory rounds use rifle primers due to the pressure so they need a solid hit to fire. I contact Ruger, explain the issue, and tell them I would like to try a new spring before sending the gun back. Their response, "No" even when I offered to buy the spring. They issued a return number for the revolver and said, "If you have to pay more than $30 to send it back, contact us and we will sell you a return label for $30." I instead bought a spring from Wolff and the problem was solved. The Ruger folks were not rude but not that customer focused either.

Now just about the same time, we had misfire issues with a 327 Henry rifle. I contact Henry, explain the problem, and they think it may be the firing pin assembly or could be something more involved. Henry gave me the option to install a new firing pin or send it back. I opted for the firing pin and they send the parts free. Well it was better but not 100% so Henry sends a return label free and I get a repaired rifle back in 6 days without a nickel out of pocket. When looking for a new firearm; if Henry makes it, that is who gets my business.