Votes: 8 17.4%
  • HK USPC .45

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • STEYR M40 .40 caliber

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Fian

Of your choices, I'd have to go with the USPc in .45

Very reliable and able to digest any kind of ammo. I have no experience with Steyr. Kimber makes a nice 1911, though IMHO, Springfield makes a slightly better one.

As for write ins, everyone should have a Sig...220, 226, 229, 239,228...pick one.

JIH

Given your choices, the USPC .45, despite H&K's (and Kimber's, or that matter) Colt-like desire to price themselves out of the market.

Non-solicited suggestion: XD-40. It's the best bargain in the polymer world you can find... in fact, it's one of the best polymer-framed pistols out there, IME. I wouldn't trade straight across for a brand new USP except to sell the USP and buy another XD. It carries well. It shoots well. My wife is convinced it's her pistol, and she used to whine about the recoil of my CZ75.

I had bad luck with a Steyr M40.

SouthpawShootr

My choice would be the H&K USPC .40 or .45 (not much difference there, depends on which caliber your friend likes).

IF Steyr had an importer for their pistols, I would have said to get the Steyr. However, there is no support if you have a problem, so I would pass on the Steyr. I have a Steyr M9 and I really like it. Would like to have an M40 and an S9, if Steyr would just get their act together:mad: