hello there new guy here with a few questions

I understand that your criteria are different than mine, FreakGasolineFight. I respect your position and think I understand your perspective. I just think you are overlooking or undervaluing the uses to which a good 22 can be put.

That may very well be true. I have never owned, nor have I had a terribly large amount of experience with .22 handguns. I did like the two I have shot, but I'm a poor man and I purchase guns with utility in mind. :eek: I find that, in my situation, the uses for a .22 are minimal.

Perhaps the best advice might be to purchase a gun with manageable recoil that fits your hand well and that you can afford to practice with as much as possible. I can certainly see why, in many cases, that pistol might be a .22.

I may have been spoiled by my first gun purchase as my .45 is a *****cat to shoot. Hardly any serious recoil at all.

zachkuby87

ive heard a lot of ppl bashing the sigma but I know a few guys that bought them and have no real compaints they everytime they squeeze the trigger it goes bang and that's all I really ask for in a gun I believe the accuracy and such has more to do with who's hands the gun is in... I went to the range with my bro with his 30-06 and we shot at 300 yards he coulnt hit paper I shot 6 inch groups consistantly. Same with my 12 guage I try moving targets I hit 3 out of 5 on average my brother rarely misses.. bottom line I'm gonna get the sigma and judge it myself ill give you guys my honest opinion of it after a few hundred rounds

bege

.22 pistols

I currently own a super single six (also) has 22 mag cyl...This is the gun I USE most...not the one I shoot most. I live in the woods and its a good crittergitter.
when i lived in NewOrleans 15 years ago, I had a Walther PP22 which was my everyday carry. I have a son who was special warfare trained and he shot it so well I was ashamed to shoot it anymore, so gave it to him...(headshot red squirrels ambi)

I guess the point is, a 22 pistol is a good tool if you choose the job well....

ClydeFrog

SIG-Sauer; .22LR kits...

FWIW;
I got a new message from SIG-Sauer saying the "classic" series P220/P229/P226/P228 having the .22LR kits on sale for about $275.00 total(reg MSRP about $400.00 USD ;) ).
To buy a new SIG P229R or P220R with a SIG .22LR kit would be a smart move.
The SIG Sauer P229 line can take the .40 the .357sig & .22LR.