Heartbreaker M70

JustJake

Sounds like it shoots MOBD (i.e., minute-of-barn-door). :rolleyes:

Who needs that? Dump it at a Fun Show for some quick cash. Then get a real rifle that’s actually consistently accurate outta da box.

Savages tend to rule the roost in that Dept.

Nathan

JustJake said:

Still? I hear others have caught up. What’s worse is that only Jard makes a decent trigger for it….and it is a bit light at 8-16oz. Maybe there are others ok at 2-3lbs.

That is a real nice rifle skywag!

taylorce1

Wheeler Bore Lapping Kit, I used a Tubbs Final Finish kit on a .250 Savage barrel, didn't help the accuracy but it sure made cleaning the barrel easier. Midway $100 Savage pre-fit barrel. I'd say go with the Tubbs, but he doesnt offer it outside of .224 and .308 caliber kits.

taylorce1

JustJake said:

What department is that?

I'm not knocking Savage I have several. They do shoot well, and when they averaged $300-400 for a M10/110 they were a great bargain. However, give me a Tikka T3x for the price they're asking for newer Savage 110 rifles. Tikka will out shoot a Savage 9 out of 10 times in my experience.

For the money, I'd rather buy a Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard. They're in the same price range as most Savage 110 options and built better. Smoother actions, better bottom metal (hinged floor plate), usually MOA or better shooters, and better finished product all together.