HCI grades YOUR state and its gun laws

ds1973

This is the 2000 "report card" from HCI grading each states gun laws. I think the theme this year is "for the children". :rolleyes:

Ugghh!! NYS got a B+. :(

Kentucky got an F- and they got a "demerit" for allowing carry in churches!! Way to go guys! Any research jobs for chemical Engineer down there? :)

------------------
The first step is registration, the second step is confiscation, the final step is subjugation.

panzerfuehrer

Well, if NY got a B and KY got an F, I'm really a-feared about Vermont's grade. :D

Anybody got a link?

------------------
Panzerführer

Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die Säue.

Those that beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't.

BTR

F baby! And my state's "may issue" is somewhat misleading, as, at least in my area, I've heard the fee is $2 and there is no compentency test.

buzz_knox

Ah, crap. TN only got a D+. :( Time to start badgering the legislature so we can flunk like Kentucky.

Notice that the "good states" on HCI's list get just the opposite rating in terms of crime statistics? Coincidence? I think not.

That is the problem with HCI, they don't even know how to add up there own data. Not that they care, I'm sure that they know it's all a lie anyway.

For Oregon, we scored lower per item than PA, who got the same score of D+. We also scored lower per item than OK, but they got a D-. This scoring system is inaccurate just like all their other claims.

And, they want my firearms. Over my dead body!

Robert

USP45

Might i suggest that we all send a little note to the editor of our favorite local news-rag including the HCI report card and the most recent FBI crime statistics; thus showing the 1:1 correlation of high crime and HCI's "good grades"???

hmmm????

anyone know of a website which lists crime rates by state? (without having to go to each states website...

------------------
~USP

"[Even if there would be] few tears shed if and when the Second Amendment is held to guarantee nothing more than the state National Guard, this would simply show that the Founders were right when they feared that some future generation might wish to abandon liberties that they considered essential, and so sought to protect those liberties in a Bill of Rights. We may tolerate the abridgement of property rights and the elimination of a right to bear arms; but we should not pretend that these are not reductions of rights." -- Justice Scalia 1998

[This message has been edited by USP45 (edited August 30, 2000).]

Elker_43

My new State (Idaho), where I will be moving shortly, sure beats the hell out of the State I am from (California). After living in California for most of my 57 years, I have had it. I will continue to support the fine California pro-gun organizations with my $$, but I won't have to put up with all the cock-a-mamie wacko politics happening on a daily basis. Also, thanks to HCI (Hideous Clinton Idiots), I won't be needing to do that much research either on Idaho gun law status.

"Bill payors are leaving California by the bus load".

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

Karanas

Louisiana got an F! :cool:
I'm sure we could probably work our way up to an F- if we were a little more serious and not partying all the time! ;)

Meiji_man

UTAH D-!!!!
Come on people We can do better that this!

Let's work on getting the Big "F" This year!

Is there anyway we can appeal this?
We allow carry in Churches and Schools too! Also in bars and places that serve alcohol!

Hey no fair! I just checked the HCI site and there's no place to contact them!

[This message has been edited by Meiji_man (edited August 30, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Meiji_man (edited August 30, 2000).]

FUD

"Shall/Must Issue CCW Permit/License" states automatically get an "F-" -- I would think that should rank them at least a "B+" with an "A+" going to states (such as Vermont) that don't even require a livense to carry. I think they got their grading scale mix-up.

David Scott

Shall issue states do not get automatic Fs, Florida is "shall issue" and got a C because it has various Child Access provisions (some of which are not entirely bad IMHO).

POOP! Virginia got a C-!

What the hell kind of Communist state am I living in, anyways?

------------------
Beware the man with the S&W .357 Mag.
Chances are he knows how to use it.

David Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Scott:
Shall issue states do not get automatic Fs, Florida is "shall issue" and got a C- because it has various Child Access provisions (some of which are not entirely bad IMHO).[/quote]

Waitone

Rats!

NC rates a C!!!!!!

We are just not trying. Think I'll call Grass Roots NC and demand a legislative agenda so we can properly flunk.

------------------
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Barry Goldwater--1964

rrent

Texas shall issue: D-

I guess it could have been worst - HCI could have said we were doing what they'd call a "good job" and they liked us!

GnL

Thanks to HCI, I now have a nice shopping list of states from which to pick a new home. Iowa definitely doesn't cut it (C+).

All the F- states: give yourselves a nice big round of applause!

Satanta

DANG! Tx with a D-?!?!? Maybe we can pass some laws allowing 'cop-killer' bullits and flamethrowers and 'pocket-rockets' and .50 and .60 cal machine guns!!! Come on...we can get at least a I or a J!!!