Have you made preparations re: the next terror attack?

Ragin Cajun

We have been prepared for long term survival since before Y2K. We have basically kept up with supplies. Where we are, hunker down is much better than bugging out. We already have water from a lake, septic tank, generator, fuel, food, etc. which is infinitely beter than anywhere we could "go."

The sugestion of having more than a couple of hours of "stock" in the car is good. Up until now each car has water, a shovel, TP, first aid kit, flashlight, etc. and cell phone. Perhaps we need to re-think this to something longer term including clothes, shoes, etc. Will not take much to spruce the "kit" up. One nice thing, my college attending daughter is living much closer to us now. Less than 10 miles vs nearly 30! :cool:

Jody Hudson

That is so true about vehicle preparations. Over the last decades I've had a few times when several hours or even in one case a few days were added to my travels. Once, I was only going 30 miles and due to a series of Murphy's Law events, we were two weeks late returning home. It was nice to have all we needed in the car.

Now, the other side of the coin is that I seldom have room for much of anything to be added to my trunk and I have a huge Buick Park Ave. :)

By the way another part of my "kit" is the largest possible tires that will fit into the wheel wells on each of our vehicles. That allows for numerous additional options. In fact my partner Kate calls my Buick an SUV Serious Ultimate Vehicle. I take it over fields, through the woods, up embankments, across the sand, pretty much anywhere a 4WD can go. She won't let me drive her Neon that way but with the tires we have on it it will do just as well.