Have you ever loved a gun but just couldn't shoot it worth a darn?

Robk

IF this is your only Sig, let me just say there is a learning curve to the trigger. I have gone throught the same thing with mine. Had to put it on a sand bag to prove to myself that it was me and not the gun. Things got better after that. Seems that some people have problems with Sigs and others can do great with them from the get-go. I know that if you are (were) a Glock person, the grip angle itself will throw you off. Just practice, practice, and practice with the trigger to make sure you are not jerking it. It will pay off. I know for a fact that my Sigs are more accurate than I can be at this time. Good luck.

Oh, I do not have any issue with my P220 SAO however, just goes to show that the trigger on a Sig does have a learing curve.

David the Gnome

Yeah, I currently own 5 SIGs, the P226 is the only one I can't do any good with. I can't figure out what it is about it but I've never had any problems with any of the others. I guess the P226 just isn't a good fit for me.

Shadi Khalil

David,

You would think that the largest of the P-series would be the easiest to shoot. Maybe there is something wrong with the gun, considering you own 5 others and have no problems. Has anyone else shot this thing? I would woods key someone else shoot it then go from there.

Sent via Android

sigcurious

Not sure if the older german models will accept the E2 grips, but that might help. I think top gun supply has them.
The p226 was on the top of my list to get, then to my dismay, I couldn't shoot it as consistently as other pistols I was trying. Went ahead and got one with the new E2 grips, no more consistency problems. Another consideration would be to try the slimmer trigger, not the SRT package, http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/sig-sauer-black-short-trigger-91.aspx

sliponby

Ruger LCP. I've tried painting the front sight and practice at least once a month but still lack accuracy with it. I've safed it and stick with my PM9, G26 or 442-still a work in progress too.

Dwight55

If I somehow live long enough, . . . I'm going to become proficient with my Ruger Super Blackhawk.

It is the 4th gun I've had in the caliber, . . . have never gotten where I want with any of them.

Same with my one .45LC, . . . but my 1911's seem to be much easier to shoot more accurately.

Actually, . . . might invest in a 10mm, . . . would love to shoot one some day.

May God bless,
Dwight