Handguns and Attacks In the Outdoors

B.N.Real

specs.nice to see you posting on the forum.

I'd say you saved you and your wifes life that day.

And that Colt was the difference.

Very scary,just reading that.

I think had you not went and got the gun when you did,something might have happened right at the camp.

Man,that was close.

specs

Howdy and thanks for the welcome. I have always focused on situational awareness and I consider it to be my first line of defense. It really galls that we have to be always on guard, but there is nothing for it. We have modified our outdoor excursions from the ultra remote because of these types of situations.

I have no doubt that we would have been robbed and possibly killed up there. We were driving a new Ford E150 conversion van and I guess we looked like easy pickins. I just wish that I had kept my Colt. When ya fall on hard times some things have to go. I have others now, but I still miss the all steel Combat Commander.

jrothWA

Was driving..

back home from NW USA, stopped at a state campground @ 11:30PM,
sacked out in baack of minim-van. Answered a nature call about 2:30, then back to sleep. About 4;30 , was woke up by a engine starting. ( had done a quick recon, to see if any others around.
Saw the lights come on and swing around as the vehicle turned around, it slowly pulled along-side my van and stopped.
I unzipped the mummy bag and reached around the driver seat to turn the parking lights on, (360 low level light field. The truck stayed for about 10 seconds before speeding off. I waited for ten minutes then exited to relieve myself, got dresses and left, as there was only one road into and out of the campgrounds. (Security Six was in my hand during this) Snubbie in holster at my feet.

edrice

Once on a backpacking trip up San Gorgonio peak in southern California, we were eating lunch high in the clouds sitting cross-legged on rock when a chipmunk jumped into my lap and sat on my knee demanding food.

Ed

Mike U.

Once on a backpacking trip up San Gorgonio peak in southern California, we were eating lunch high in the clouds sitting cross-legged on rock when a chipmunk jumped into my lap and sat on my knee demanding food.

Ed

OMG!! :eek::eek::eek: Attacked by a renegade Chipmunk?!!
What'd ya blast'im with?
Was it a one-shot stop?
I hope ya didn't accidentally immasculate yourself if ya shot him while he was on your lap eating your knee. :D:D:D

IMTHDUKE

Man....all these adventure stories........

I was goin say that I was attacked and slapped by a rather large, ugly and angry woman once....

But now, I'm not goin say that....

Thanks for sharing all these stories...some of you guys need to write a novel....interesting stuff.

After Nam, nobody came after me shooting and I must have lived a sheltered life.:D

Gun 4 Fun

Duke- If you saw action in Nam, My hat is off to you for surviving and coming home alive.
I wish to personally thank you and any serviceman on this sight for your service to this country. THANK YOU

IMTHDUKE

Gun 4 Fun

Thanks....that's very kind and thoughtful....

In Nam 67-68....1st Marine Division 7th Com Bat.

Lost several good friends there....they are the warrior hero's that keep freedom intact.

Semper Fi

Mike U.

In Nam 67-68....1st Marine Division 7th Com Bat.

Lost several good friends there....they are the warrior hero's that keep freedom intact.

Semper Fi

I'd like to +1 with Gun 4 Fun's sentiment. Thank you, IMTHDUKE for your service and sacrifice.
Those of us that served in relative peaceful times owe a debt of gratitude for you who served in times of war. You made that possible for us. Thank You!

SEMPER FI!

macauley

I was sitting outside, reading, at my place near Salmon, Idaho, when my dog took off lickety-split into the brush. Three seconds later she was back out of the brush with a cranky looking badger on her tail. I had a brand new, never fired, Keltec PF9 in my pocket loaded with Hydra-Shoks and as soon as there was enough space between them, I attempted to intercede on my dog's behalf. The badger was about 80 feet away and I missed twice before the gun jammed. I could see the dirt being kicked-up on the badger. To its credit, it did stop, but the darned thing just stood there and looked at me for about 5 seconds before it turned and walked back into the weeds.

I did switch to my 357 Blackhawk for the rest of my stay and I've since worked out the kinks in the Keltec. But I've got to say I was impressed by the badger's composure.

chuck520

Hello to everyone!
Excellent website.
I had an experience in the desert that still gives me chills.
I took my wife and two daughters fishing at a small lake in the middle of nowhere.
We were all fishing and having a good time and my daughter, who was about nine years old, walked to the truck to get something out of it. A jeep cherokee pulled up behind the truck. The jeep had two adult males in it.
I heard my daughter talking to them and I got up and walked around from the front of the truck. As soon as they saw me they took off.
I thought about it later and I believe they were going to snatch my child.
I always carry a gun with me when I'm out in the desert and was glad I had one on me.