Handgun Waiting Periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karanas

I've always been intrigued by the supposed benefits of this theoretical cooling off period.
Maybe I just live in a disadvantaged part of the country, but there isn't a gun store or pawn shop on every corner around here.
If I'm in a real hurry, I can get to the closest one in about 30 minutes.
Once I get there, I have to deal with the inconvenience of not finding a drive-up window available to further facilitate my purchase before my feelings of uncontrolled rage start to wear off.
So I have to go inside, get the attention of a sales clerk, pick a model, examine it, approve the choice, complete the paperwork, fork over the cash, take possession of my new gun (don't forget to get some ammo too) and get home (another 30 minute drive) while I'm still totally pissed off.
Seems to me that I could have just saved myself a lot of time, trouble and expense if I just beat the malefactors brains out with the toaster or whatever was handy.
Then instead of driving around in a bad mood all day, I could be relaxing with a glass of wine and a good book. :rolleyes:

Guy B. Meredith

DVC,

Someone committing a crime of passion may not be rational enough to worry about consequences such as using a traceable gun. Many times they include themselves in the hit list.

Chipperman,

As stated above, for some like us folk in California the 48 hours would be a blessing. The California laws also make the hotly debated instant check look like a gift from heaven.

Mal H

Staff
This thread has run the gauntlet long enough. I don't think Chipperman was trolling, but there is no good reason to continue.

If anyone does see a reason, then part 2 should go in Legal and Political ....

Status
Not open for further replies.