Handgun carry for women

38Mike

My wife started with, qualified for her CCH with, shot VERY well with a KelTec P32. One day she says "I want a .380....." I say "OK, let's find one that'll work for you". She tried a LCP, found the recoil too stout; then tried a Sig P238...BINGO.... She can shoot it real well; but had a little trouble carrying it in belly band that she used.

Well, we've come full circle, as she recently picked up another P32, I got her a small inside the waist ( IWB ) holster made by El Paso Saddlery that works well for her with the smaller P32. She just clips it onto the waistband of her skirt and she's good to go......

Mike

Stephanie B

S&W 442, because I'm more comfortable with revolvers. I shoot them better. The Airweight is as lightweight a gun as I feel comfortable with. It's not fun to shoot, not like a Colt DS, but it's a half-pound lighter.

How I carry depends on how I'm dressed. I'm not a fan of purse-carry, but sometimes, that's about all there is. I'd worry about belly-carry and an automatic, for it would seem too easy in a time of high adrenaline to put a bullet where I don't want one.

histed

We went through a similar process over the past year or so. My wife started out with a Bersa .380, which SHE chose, thanks to "The Cornered Cat" advice. After a while, she decided to move up to a 9mm, so we went through the same process again - shooting every 9mm she liked the looks of. She bought a Hi Point, then discovered she didn't like the slide or the weight. She did, however, fall in love with my SCCY. Gave me an excuse to trade the Hi Point for a second SCCY.