had a great day with my custom 25 ACP Blackhawk...

deerslayer303

VERY NICE PROJECTS SIR!! That is pretty cool if you ask me! Your ballistics are impressive for the little 25. I've always liked the cartridge myself for what it is. There needs to be some 16" rifles manufactured for the little round. I would have one for sure.

I'd like to find a way of doing a semi auto carbine... maybe built off the Taurus, as it's a little bigger than most, and holds an extra round... if I could get it working well, I would part with my 10-22 :)

deerslayer303

Shoot I'm thinking, Scoped CZ 452 in 25acp, Squirrel, Rabbit, coon, Fox, rat, crow, yote, killing machine! Shoot even a Savage MkII would be fine with me.

CaptainO

If you had a notion to do it...

You could have the cylinder (or another cylinder) chambered for the .25 NAA. (Talk about kicking some varmint booty)! The NAA Conversion could be performed in an afternoon.

How does that strike you?

Webleymkv

Originally posted by Magnum Wheel Man
I'd like to find a way of doing a semi auto carbine

Maybe I've watched From Russia with Love a few times too many, but I think that one of the Henry AR-7 Survival Rifles converted to .25 Auto would just be cool as a cucumber. I won't pretend to know what all would be involved in a conversion, but I'd think the detachable barrel would simplify things somewhat.

East Texan

Was there a lot of custom work required on your Contender set up too? I'd already thought of a 32 S&W Long Contender as a "reloadable " squirrel rifle. Do you have any info on what the 25 ACP is doing out of that 16 inch barrel?

Not alot of work to do the Contender... however with the winter months, I've not had a chance to Chrono the Contender... but you can get an idea of your velocities by going to the "Balistics By The Inch" website...

smee78

I like it, that is a cool 25acp custom. I bet a Ruger 10/22 could be made to work with a 25acp? I would love to add a 32 H&R rifle to my 32 H&R Single Six Vaquero but the Marlins are out of my price range. Good luck on your next project.

SMEE... you've got me thinking more about a semi auto carbine... with the rotary magazine I don't think the Ruger would be as easy to modify... but something with a stick magazine might be made to feed pretty easily, & still hold 8-9 rounds out of a normal 10 round 22 LR mag...

after that, it's just which action would be easier to convert to centerfire, & ordering another barrel liner from TJ's

anyone think of a 22 carbine with a single stack stick mag, that holds more than 10 rounds, so at least a 10 round 25 ACP mag might be possible ???