H&K 10mm squeeze cocker?

12-34hom

This is why i went to Tritons 450smc.

Thier 165 grain offering - advertised at -1450fps - 770fpe - out of my Para P-14ltd.

Two spring changes, [recoil & firing pin] and have all the advantages of 10mm round thru a 1911 style weapon... :)

As soon as i get some extra time i will do some testing with this ammo. I'm collecting old phone books to shoot thru, chronograph both of thier loadings 165 & 230 grain - do some barrier tests with steel plates.

12-34hom.

djsjd

You can MAKE a 10mm P7M10...

...like a David DeFabio (? spelling) did. Think it was on PistolSmith's site, but not entirely sure of that. The .40 S&W slug is dimensionally a 10mm, but case length prevented full loads - the loads were 'short' to work in the standard P7M10 magazines. Of course, the chamber had to be reworked to accomodate the increased case length.

Considering that the round wasn't a 'full load' 10mm, I would suspect that the ballistics wouldn't be *THAT* much better than a warm or hot .40 S&W. Regarding the design of the P7M10 standing up to the increased pressures of the 10mm: the beast is over designed to begin with. Beyond that, the gas system is essentinally self-adjusting. More oomph = more retarding of recoil.

Futo Inu

"Sorry, I like the .45, but as the phrase goes, "cain't touch that" "

True, and the 10mm has the ADDITIONAL advantage of being able to hold 15 rounds, give or take, in a full size pistol, instead of 12-13, like .45s.

lonegunman

Sloan,

Kinetic energy is, I agree, not the end-all parameter of cartridge performance, but it is certainly important.

I doubt there is practical difference between 10mm and 45 acp effectiveness against human targets.

But against medium to large sized animals, or against humans behind heavy cover, I do think 10 mm is a better choice.

HKP7PSP

I have a P7M10 and it is in no way as nice as a P7M8. It is way to large and heavy. I am quite happy carrying a G20C or a P7M8. What I would like to see HK do is make a new P7M8 with a polymer lower for less cost and weight!