Guys, just thought I'd let you know...

Bogie

Why I did it: I broke a chair. Actually broke two...

Then my boss' secretary lost a buncha weight, and I figured if she could, heck I could...

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
And I was proud of the 15 pounds that I dropped! Bogie that's great man! I have always been short but big framed. I used to go between 180 and 190. Three years ago this month I developed a very rare case of penumonia (caused by a virus) that came within inches (and minutes) of killing me. It was necessary to perform a small surgical proceedure to get a piece of lung and send it to the LSU medical school. It took LSU less than a day to figure it out and prescribe a treatment. Part of the treatment was steriods. The doctor told my wife that at my age the only side effect of this medication would be that "he will eat like a horse". She snorted and said "Hell he does that now!"
In less than a week I went from ICU and on a respirator, and 100% O2, to home! Aha the kitchen! Doc was right. EAT, EAT, EAT, I even was looking at the dogs and wondering what kind of gumbo they would make!
Went from 180 to 250 in about 2 months! I was on the medication for 4 months (they have to wean you off of it),and have spent a lot of time since then trying to loose some of the extra weight :D! In the 3 years i did manage to get to 230 and in the last month went to 215. Hoping for at least 200 :D!