Guns & Harleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmanbass

It just occured to me that buying revolvers was just like buying my Harley.... the real money didn't get spent until AFTER I bought her! This is not a complaint! It's more like a declaration of love.:D

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
:D While I know exactly what you are saying... DO NOT TAKE THIS WRONG... When you "Pull up yer big boy under-roos all the way" you will find that once it "rolls" it has a cash value exceeding the White House annual food budget....
And it will flat out "CHIT and GIT";) Guns or bikes...
If you can't wheelie an 800 pound harley in 3rd gear she needs a bit of work!:D
Brent

Dmanbass

I got ya Hog, I once paid $10K for an FXR and $20K later I was happ(ier). Not the same road is in front of me with my revolvers. Buy, hey...... I love it and it sounds like you do too!

YukonKid

+1 Hogdogs, i can wheely on all my motorcycles. I might be able to in my jeep as well but i dont want to try.

Not to hyjack the thread, but i am have been wondering for a while what other hobbies gun owners have

YK

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I have 15-16 years hence quit riding streetable bikes... My next will be hmmmm... beyond custom hotrod! I have a particular look in mind. I must also have a suicide clutch, and it will be in excess of 130 cubes... Not a long bike but "high and tight" with 5 foot forks and drag bars and i will have to look to the side to see past the gas tank which will be on 70-80 degrees along the top tube:eek:
Other than that give me a Moto-Guzzi capable of "fuel injected suicide machine" status at Bonneville and I am there! I was never a revolver man in the custom sense and never much cared for wheelies (I admit they scared the chit out of me) I did have a buddy that showed me wheelies I would never try and I showed him tires he never thought would ever FRY... but if my shovel head ever balked at a 3rd or 4th gear burn out it was up for sale until mods were complete! Ever feel a bike try to dump you when a hunert MPH back tire hooks up... 75 feet of pure "OH CHIT" I tell ya...
Brent

fairview mick

Guns and Harleys

Along with my '04 Classic, I have a nitrous Hayabusa and a turbo Kaw. Both run the quarter mile in the 8 second range at about 170 mph. It's more thrilling the shooting, but a hell of lot more dangerous(I put the nitrous bike down at norwalk drag srtip at about 1/2 track)-Fortunately, I don't remember a thing.
Mickey

SamHouston

A sad day

I just sold my 02 Ultra Classic due to family health issues and it nearly broke my heart. The same rule goes for Harleys as guns.... Don't sell'em unless you really have to, you'll always regret it.

CraigC

There's something about them two timeless classics, they just go together. They talk about guns on the HDForum almost as much as Harleys. :D

Hawg

If I'd known my divorce was going to go as well as it did I'd have kept my 66 FLH. Was a nasty looking POS when I got it. Did all the work myself including paint and making the 4 over front fork covers out of a scavenger pipe.

me1.jpg

crashm1

I tend to be more the sport bike an 1911 type myself. I always think I'll like both Harleys and revolvers but then when I get one I get bored in a week. I'm currently lusting after the new Buell 1125r to replace my RC51.

The Tourist

I find my Harley like a 1911. Not only is it fun to use and customize, but it bangs and clatters as it works.

No matter what you do to them, you just can't teach them manners. Must be some kind of kharma thing. My Mom and my wife said the same things.

Edit: 2004 Harley Dyna Glide. 95-inch engine, 203 cams, 2006 CVO front end, 21-inch laced wheel. Every stitch of chrome Harley sells...

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I left bikin' after a couple-3 years following gettin' run over by a pickup and trailer while waiting to make a left and he whoaed 'er up to 55 on impact. I was a bit testy and and quite a bit PRICKY to anyone who gulped up my personal space. I was carrying daily after that and out of respect to the TFL forum I will say only that a Florida State trooper gave me one hell of a break and I went home with my P-85 in field stripped condition and called a buddy to buy the bike..
No regrets! Central Florida is a tough place for a guy to ride in peace!
Brent

SamHouston

Climbing on the bike on a warm spring day always kicked in the John Wayne / True Grit fantasy. Put the reins in your mouth, grab your guns and shoot the hell out of the bad guys. Testosterone levels went through the roof.

Dmanbass

Now if I can find a way to get that set of tiny chrome pipes on my .357:D, Nice rides Hawg & Stolivar!

Last edited:

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Here is the homemade saddlebag cover my dad made when I gave him my "Goose" the day after I had my springer in hand...
guzzi14.jpg

here is why new covers and bags were required...
guzzi30.jpg

Here is me on my goose with blowed up bones and LOTS of good narcotics in august and wreck was less than 90 days later, actually nearer to 60...
guzzi28.jpg

Guns galore... one is in my waisteband and one is on my left side fork...
Brent

Anchorage

I used to see a harley on the road and think: There goes one anti-establishment rebel ! (think hopper / Fonda )

nowadays I think: There goes one RICH SOB ! ( think Jay Leno )

arktravler

"The Tourist : I find my Harley like a 1911. Not only is it fun to use and customize, but it bangs and clatters as it works.

No matter what you do to them, you just can't teach them manners. Must be some kind of kharma thing. My Mom and my wife said the same things."

+1 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.