gun you have gotten the most game with?

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
Toss up between Savage single shot bolt action 22 rifle or S&W M41 22 pistol, I really don't know. Deer I am all over the place from pistol to revolves to rifles to shotguns. Still need to do my M1 and my BP, hopefully those will get blooded this fall.

HAMMER1DOWN

My rifle that killed the most big game would be my Ruger M77 in 7mm Mauser
The rifle that has killed the most small game would be my Marlin model 25N .22 lr..
the rifle I carry the most now would have to be my Stag Arms AR-15 in .223

Jo6pak

If you're talking number of animals, I would say my Remington 870. Between Grouse, Rabbtits, and Pheasnats, it has probably killed more than 100

If I add up pounds of meat, then the title belongs to my 6.5mm Swede Sporter. Dozens of deer and a 320 lb. wild boar.

Remington 870 express 12 guage

Deer, turkey, duck, geese, grouse, pheasant, squirrel, and rabbit have all fallen to the gun I call "Blood and Guts"

ACP230

I think it's a tie between three of my guns.

The first is a Winchester Model 12 my late dad got me as a high school graduation present. It's taken squirrels, grouse, two geese, and one three point whitetail buck. No rabbits fell to the old Model 12.

Second is my Italian FIAS double 20 gauge OU. It's my usual grouse gun. It's also accounted for woodcock and rabbits. No squirrels. I had basically quit hunting them by the time I got the 20 gauge.

Third is my Ruger 77RL in .250 Savage. It's been used to kill most of the deer I've taken and a few snowshoe hares that made the mistake of thinking they were so well camouflaged they didn't have to run off when I walked up.

Legionnaire

Mossberg 500. Lots of small game, and since I hunt the southern tier of NY State, most deer, too, since my non-NY non-500 deer are spread over several different rifles.

Deerhunter

My 1996 Remington 870 Express Mag or my 1990 Mossberg 500. Stopped shooting the 500 when I got the 870 but shot a lot of doves with the 500

bamaranger

Rem 870

Much as I love rifles, I've probably killed more game numbers with my 1980 circa Rem Wingmaster 3" mag 12ga. Traded away the great honkin' 30" full choke tube it came w/, and bought a pair of 26" bbls, one full and the other IC. Received a 20" slug bbl w/ choke tubes later as a gift.

Used it on a deer in a pinch w/ slugs. Used to duck and dove hunt a great deal too. It still turkey hunts every year w/ the 20" slug tube/rifle sights/ and a super full turkey choke. A smattering of grouse and pheasants and rabbits when I lived in the NE for a while. A couple of coyotes who came sneaking in to my calls looking for a turkey sandwich. Oh yeah, a darn 4 ft timber rattler on a hot summer night, and a similar sized water moccasin in the middle of a beaver swamp in AR in December (with me in hip boots 3 ft away!).

The receiver is worn gray from years of hand carry, the rest of the gun, and its glossy wood, looks great. Best $285 dollars I ever spent.

amprecon

Another 870 here, aside from my Marlin 60, it's the gun I've owned the longest and have used the most for killin' things, including the clay pigeon variety :)

30-30remchester

Since I seldom hunt anything but big game, my most deadly guns have been big game rifles. I have two that have taken many scores of big game. Both pre 52 Winchester model 70's one a custom barreled 338 Win Mag the other a stock 30-06.

FrankenMauser

what gun have you gotten the most game with?

what gun have you carried the most?

For big game:
Ruger M77 MkII, "Sporter"(? SS/Laminate), .270 Winchester.

For general small game:
Rossi 62SAC (Winchester 62 pump action carbine clone), "Gallery", .22 S, L, LR. (It is almost 30 years old - Was well before the nickel-plated, craptastic version of the '90s.)

For Jack Rabbits and ground squirrels (non-game):
This is a tricky subject. It really comes down to time periods. Overall, however....
I've carried that Rossi 62SAC more than anything else.
I've killed more with my .22 WMR Marlin 882SS than anything else. - My Russian Simonov is a close second.

I have never bagged a big game animal with iron sights. It has been 100% scoped rifles.

I have bagged very few (or killed, for non-game) animals with a scope. It has been over 95% iron sights.

... go figure.