Gun Stuff You Don't See Much Anymore

Boomer58cal

Ammo

Brass cases

primers

Powder

30rd mags

Checking your gun in with the Vice Principal when you got to school. He just checked to see if the chamber is empty and through it on the rack in his office.

Civilian Marksmanship program

Practicing at the range behind your church after services on sunday.

Man have times changed

Boomer

bamaranger

stuff

paper shotgun shells

fixed power scopes

Buck knives (112/110's)

Woolrich coats, trousers, vests (red or green plaid of course)

post and crosshair reticles

iron sights

Paul B.

"The "real" ASP 9x19mm pistol by Paris Theodore. The custom S&W model 39 9mm tricked out for deep carry/covert ops.
Reports say only approx 450 ASP pistols were produced."

Now you're giving your age away. :D I remember the article on that gun. Way too cool and I sure wanted one. Didn't have the money. What I do have today is probably about as close as I'll ever come. An S&W 6906. Now if I could chase down a floorplate for the magazine that was not a finger rest, it would conceal a heck of a lot better. That finger rest prints way too easy. :mad:
Paul B.

Tejicano

Garands being rare at gun shows because they didn't have a lot of value and were considered too old and heavy.

Glass gun display cabinets. The house we moved into when I was 9 had one which my dad installed shelves in so mom could display her crystal ware - but the "floor" of the case still had the grooves for the rifle/shotgun butts.

Registered, full auto firearms selling for less than their semi-auto counterparts. Before 1986 this was the norm.

Pistol versions of bolt action rifles - in the late 70's/early 80's these were somewhat common.

BPowderkeg

I have one of those Colt SP1's,

ONLY ONE ??

i picked up one at a GS a few years back i believe it was an armory sell off (?) it has the military style stencil number 3 on the butt, and bayo sheath, it appears slightly used, very little wear marks where you normally see them in an SP-1, like my old original. the Bayo has almost no slide marks on it. it sits in the back rack of my safe with a few other keepers.