Gun Rooms

wachtelhund1

In the rifles hanging on the wall, middle rack (left side of wall), what are the top and third rifle down? Winchester semi-autos? The bolt guns look like bench guns so do you hunt with the autos?

The two autos are Winchester 100's. If you are from WI, need you ask what I use them for? I use the 100 carbine for deer each deer season, its been glass bedded, had a trigger job and shoots 1.5" groups. The 100 rifle, I just have for grins. I built the two bolt rifles which I use in long distance F class shooting; 250 AI on a Rem 788 and 260 AI on a Rem 700 action.

BfloBill

I have plans for a gun room some day also (when my oldest vacates her room). I have different plans for the walls which include bars, expanded metal, concrete board and some poured concrete, but I really like what you did for the door and will probably steal your idea.

Very nice job!

aarondhgraham

I live in a mobile home,,,

So unless I want to go under the house and build a supporting pier,,,
A real gun-safe is completely out of the question.

One bedroom (the one I use for storage and shop-space) has a 1/2 bath,,,
I've considered gutting it and lining it with expanded sheet metal,,,
Or something that won't cost an arm and a leg to install.

One contractor I know says to line it with 16 gauge sheet metal,,,
Sandwiched between two layers of 3/4 plywood.

Then add a metal doorframe and metal door.

I really don't know if this would be any better,,,
Than the steel cabinets I now have bolted to the walls and floor.

Aarond

stu925

I'm in a similar boat Aarond, my house was built in 1901 and I don't trust the floors to support the weight of a large safe. I will probably end up buying a couple of smaller safes to house the collection. I wish I had a basement I could put a safe room in but alas mine dirt floor and only under 1/2 the house the rest is crawl space. Next house will definitely have a full basement that I can put my workshop, reloading room, and safe room in. Wife can have the upstairs but I want the basement.

Stu

Marquezj16

So made the deal with the boss. I can have my "Gun Room" if she can have a full size walk in closet/bathroom. I think it's a win-win situation. Now I just have to wait until we move. :D

LockedBreech

So made the deal with the boss. I can have my "Gun Room" if she can have a full size walk in closet/bathroom. I think it's a win-win situation. Now I just have to wait until we move. :D

That's a win for everyone. I'd love to have both myself, having a lot of clothes for a dude. Very nice!

ScottRiqui

Very nice! I would have thought that a 10' X 10' room would be cramped and crowded with that much stuff in it, but you've laid everything out extremely well.