Gun Noises

WhiteFeather93

All of those sounds are great!!! There is nothing I would add or take away. The rythmatic chop of a .50 cal auto, the shotgun slide. I love the Mark19's thump, thump, boom, boom. Pretty... I've also enjoyed the flintlock music. The striking and flash and the final boom. Naval Gun fire will always be great and cannons. Gotta love the 12 pounders. I wish somebody would make a CD with all different kinds of gun sounds.

Epyon

I agree about sounds...

I love the sound of a click of a magzine being loaded and the slide released on any auto-loading pistol! I also love that reeling sound of a revolver being spun fast. I do agree on the sound of that spring in an AR-15, it just feels like the rifle's gonna fall apart, but damn is that thing accurate! I also definately agree on the sound of a bolt action rifle cycling and firing.

Epyon

ElkSlayer6x5

For me

the sutble sound or closing a bolt on a brisk winters day :) the sonic boom you get shooting a highpower rifle down a river bottom or across a canyon, ;) the click pop i get when i break open my just fired O/U smoke rollin out the tubes :D
and nothing sounds like a pump shotgun slamin closed in the dead of night :eek:

tINY

I don't know about the sound, but I love this picture (big guns are sooo cool!).....

attachment.php

-tINY

Attachments

• Iowa-1984.jpg
    Iowa-1984.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 200

Twycross

It's pretty hard to beat the "clack-clunk" sound of a 12 ga pump. My least favorite sound is the "click" which occurs when I forget to generate my favorite sound.

kozak6

I love the sound of my grandfather's single shot shotgun snapping open and locking shut.

I also love the sounds of my CZ52. Sounds like a .357 mag going off.

HATE the sound of a dry fire 1) means I am empty 2) rimfire so you know its one more step to chamber peening 3) Makes a nasty metallic clak that isnt pleasant on the ears.
Love the sound of a bolt action being cycled, especially a larger caliber bolt action because you get the slightly metalic clinking of the brass.
I also LOVE the tearing/ripping sound of a high velocity centerfire bullet makes as it flies downrange that kinda " CRACK-CHKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"
Chase

dan_the_drt

big guns

I know its not really a rifle but the feeling and sound from the 25mm on the bradley always made me feel good and it was always fun to shoot the mk19 high then stop and watch your rounds impact and hear that beautiful lil boom they made.

U.S.SFC_RET

I love the sound of a forty five. The sound of the buffer assembly next to your ear, that just tells me that a round hit it's target. The sound of a thirty ought six when it speaks with authority. I love the sound of a 22 short through a long barreled rifle.:D

gunslinger555

sounds i hate: sound of bullets zipping past my head, hope that never happens again (used to live in a bad end of town in a bad town)
sounds i like: the racking of a shotgun

Maximus856

The zing a .22 makes when shooting more then 200 yards and then seeing a little dirt cloud a few seconds later is pretty cool.

The chambering/cycling of ANY firearm is beautiful. Whether pulling the slide back on the AK, or cycling a bolt action, its all music to my ears..

Bad sounds is that of a fun falling from a table or something.. That or the sound of a dry fire....when theres a bullet in there. Stupid misfires. Also when walking down range to change/check your target, and hearing a round being cycled...

-Max.

Moloch

I love the ''crack'' sounds of my G35, it just sounds right for a pistol....:) Whenever I pull the trigger it makes a noticeable ''CRACK'' than the slide goes back with a ''TANG'' and chambering a new round makes a ''CLACK''. Crack-tang-clack.

I also love the sound of my Ruger Super Redhawk with Magtech .454casull ammo, the funny thing is that it doesnt make a ''BOOM'', it makes a ''OOOOMP''.
I guess that comes from the high pressure.

joshua

I hate the blast of an IPSC pistol chambered for 9x25 Dillon - just makes my tooth filling rattle. I love the thunderous roar of a muzzle loader. I love the sound of full auto fire. josh

The Guy

I'm partial to the sound of my 1911's slide being relased after the insertion of a fresh mag, followed by BOOM BOOM BOOM...BOOM BOOM BOOM...BOOM BOMM!!!!:cool:

I love the sound that the bolt on my M1A gives off as I work the action. Thats music to my ears. Of course I also love the noise made when those 7.62 rounds make contact with a pie plate.:) Stress relief, plain and simple pure stress relief without a perscription.