Gun in the new Rambo movie

Subvert

From what I saw, it was as follows:
Mossberg 590A1
Mesa Tactical High Tube
Eotech 512 or 552
Magpul 93B Stock

Willie D

Did the Asian Merc have a Weigar or one of those POS's from Century?

Looked like the latino guy had some kind of FAL.

stephen426

You guys actually wasted your money watching the new Rambo Movie??? What makes you think that Stallone learned to act since the other Rambo movies? Besides, doesn't he use a bow an arrow to take out a whole platoon? Yeah... whatever. :rolleyes: Horror movies like Saw 4 seem more realistic.

Garand Illusion

You guys actually wasted your money watching the new Rambo Movie??? What makes you think that Stallone learned to act since the other Rambo movies?

WHAT???!!!

How can you not love Rambo. Where else could two men fight a mano-y-mano final battle with one in a tank and the other in an attack helicopter?

Reading back on that ... it does sound kind of stupid.

Oh well ... I'll still watch it. The last Rocky was suprisingly good.

fivepaknh

You guys actually wasted your money watching the new Rambo Movie??? What makes you think that Stallone learned to act since the other Rambo movies? Besides, doesn't he use a bow an arrow to take out a whole platoon? Yeah... whatever. Horror movies like Saw 4 seem more realistic.

Sorry, but if you want realism in war join the military. Rambo is just for entertainment purposes. I guess you never watched Lord of the Rings or Jurassic Park, because they weren’t realistic. :rolleyes:

Rambo 4 was the best of all four in the series.

Sgt.Fathead

Rambo was a safety violator! Firing that LAW out of the Huey! Sheesh!

I like BAD movies. Bruce Willis running around barefoot through broken glass in Die Hard with that pip squeak Beretta 9mm he has about a thousand rounds for (yeah, right!), any movie with Ah'nuld shooting like crazy and never reloading (Commando is a hoot!)....bad movies are so bad, they're good.

"You want a war? I'll give you a war you'll never forget!" Oscar worthy? Nope, just fun.

stephen426

Sorry, but if you want realism in war join the military. Rambo is just for entertainment purposes. I guess you never watched Lord of the Rings or Jurassic Park, because they weren’t realistic.

Rambo 4 was the best of all four in the series.

Jurassic Park is actually more realistic than Rambo. At least people get eaten! As for Lord of the RIngs, I never sat through any of them so I can't say. The bits I did see seemed interesting though.

I was channel surfing and saw one of the earlier Rambo movies. Its not really the "realism" I want from a movie. Its just that the acting sucks and the odds against him are so outlandish, yet he still kills everyone.

fivepaknh

I was channel surfing and saw one of the earlier Rambo movies. Its not really the "realism" I want from a movie. Its just that the acting sucks and the odds against him are so outlandish, yet he still kills everyone.

After seeing Rambo 4 I did go rent Rambo 2, because it was my favorite. It's been a long time, because I don't remember it being that cheesy. Though, I really did like 4. A few line were out of place and didn't belong in the movie.

Hedley

Rambo was a safety violator! Firing that LAW out of the Huey! Sheesh!

One quick bit of 80's-action-nerd trivia about that scene;

If you look closely in that scene when he fires the launcher, you can see that his firing hand changes postions and he's actually firing an RPG. The next camera shot shows him back with the LAW though. The RPG was from the "patrol boat" shot earlier in the film.

Truly an epic for the ages. Maybe Norris will follow suit with another Braddock.

Garand Illusion

You know ... I can understand why people might not like the Rambo series. Personally, I do, but that's my preference and I think they're a lot of fun.

Although it bothers me that Stallone talks about living life without fear and a bunch of other macho stuff and then is anti-gun, I actually think that with the right part he's a decent actor.

The first 2 Rocky movies were true classics. The 3rd was a lot of fun. And then you can pretty much jump forward to the last one -- which was pretty good too.

Of course ... there was also Judge Dredd ... that horrible movie with Dolly Parton ...

Maybe he should have stuck with Rocky and Rambo.

dwatts47

If Chuck Norris is running late.... then time better slow the hell down.

sorry I couldn't resist... I'm drinking a red bull.. otherwise known as chuck norris' urine. :D

Thumper

You guys actually wasted your money watching the new Rambo Movie??? What makes you think that Stallone learned to act since the other Rambo movies? Besides, doesn't he use a bow an arrow to take out a whole platoon? Yeah... whatever. Horror movies like Saw 4 seem more realistic.

Instaban.

Yellowfin

Sorry, I have abandoned all Stallone movies and anything to do with him until he changes his political actions and repairs the damage he's done. I absolutely refuse to give any approval to his work of any kind.

Hello123

I liked Rambo because it did not try to twist accepted norms. It was like the westerns of old. The bad guys were clearly bad, and the good guys clearly good. The sense of justice surged when the bad guys got what they deserved.

Rambo and the other characters had to make individual choices of right and wrong. It showed when they chose the right decisions good things followed. The other thing I think the movie depicted accurately is the Burmese commander. It showed the child molesting and homosexual behavior for the evil perversion it is.