Gun Control or Criminal Control. Which is More Effective.

bushidomosquito

Yellowfin wants to create a system where a state profits from locking people up? That's one highly polished and teflon coated incline you're talking about. Might get very easy to get yourself locked up when the state budget gets tight, which to my knowledge is always, in every state. On the other hand if things keep going the way they are it may be the only way to keep a job in this country.

Gadget

I grew up in the Southeast during the era of the chain gang and hard labor sentences. Just the sight of a line of men attached to one another in the hot sun under the supervision of the "boss" on his "hoss" was enough to keep me and my friends from even considering any criminal activity. Why shouldn't we reinstate this system? The libs can cry "cruel and unusual," all they want, but isn't that the idea of any punishment?

USAFNoDak

look at the success Sheriff Joe Arpaio (sp?) has had with chain gangs down in Maricopa County, AZ. Anyone from down in those parts care to weigh in on the good Sheriff's policies?

obxned

Most firearms in this country are very carefully controlled, and that control cost the taxpayers not one red cent. We provide this control by not committing crimes with our firearms.

This highly effective citizens gun control does not work with some people. That is what prisons are for. The longer these defective people remain there, the fewer crimes, with and without guns, get committed. That lower crime rates and higher prison populations go hand-in-hand is darn good proof of this.