Got my first issue of my NRA magazine today.

FrankenMauser

I get Rifleman.
My wife gets Hunter.
Occasionally, America's First Freedom shows up for some reason.

I usually flip through them on my way back from the mailbox, and then ignore them until I have a stack of 10-12 magazines on the kitchen table. ...At which point, they get transferred to firestarter/wet-pack collection point in the basement.

I'd say that I read fewer than three articles a year in all of the NRA mags, combined. I get to see plenty of multi-page Springfield XD and XD(m) advertisements, though.... :rolleyes:

Sevens

Yup, you truly DON'T look at those mags. I can tell!
Because if you're going to comment on an over-advertised particular gun...

It's going to be the Kimber ads.

The most expensive ad space in any gun magazine on the market, Kimber's got it, 98% of the time.

At least in the form of print advertising, I can't imagine that anyone has a larger budget than Kimber. I doubt it's even close.

CajunBass

I get Rifleman.
My wife gets Hunter.

Same here. I'll flip through them both, but I read AR more.

You can always have your mag mailed to your local library instead

I gather mine up (along with Bassmaster and Bass Fishing) and drop them off at a local laundromat. I noticed the place was full of magazines for women, but about half the people in there were men.

And the ladies can read them if they want to.

45Gunner

American Rifleman is my read of choice. However, I do subscribe to other gun mags, either digitally or printed. After a bunch of years of reading this stuff, one must learn to separate reality from fantasy when it comes to range and equipment reports...how much advertising does the particular manufacturer give that mag? Also, one must know that points of view are slanted in a particular direction. If you want to be "balanced," read what the other side in contending.

I prefer to believe nothing until it is proved to be true either by known reliable friends or by myself. I can't seem to remember when I read anything else but a glowing report about a gun or other piece of equipment. We all know that it isn't that way all the time.

FrankenMauser

Yup, you truly DON'T look at those mags. I can tell!
Because if you're going to comment on an over-advertised particular gun...

It's going to be the Kimber ads.

The most expensive ad space in any gun magazine on the market, Kimber's got it, 98% of the time.

At least in the form of print advertising, I can't imagine that anyone has a larger budget than Kimber. I doubt it's even close.
Kimber may have the most expensive ad space, but Springfield's XD ads are far more prevalent and obvious.

If both companies stopped advertising in the NRA magazines, they'd probably shed an average of at least 10 pages per issue.

Erno86

I subscribe to NRA's Shooting Illustrated magazine, which --- IMHO --- seems to be the best out of the lot.