GOT A BAND TODAY! How many duck bands do u have??

globemaster3

Hey VUPD, that must mean the birds' armor is getting better. I mean, the guy went from 3.5" to a minivan and the bird still wasn't DRT? Better try a bigger car now and forget the shotgun!:D

FrontSight

My buddy and I hunted with a guide and another hunter on my first waterfowl hunt ever, and we bagged 9 geese, 3 of them with bands!

So we each got one.

They were all local birds (it was early goose season, so that's exactly what was expected) - all from the Hamptons, Long Island.

"Rich birds", from the Hamptons, with the jewelry to prove it! lolol

Mike U.

My buddy and I hunted with a guide and another hunter on my first waterfowl hunt ever, and we bagged 9 geese, 3 of them with bands!

So we each got one.

They were all local birds (it was early goose season, so that's exactly what was expected) - all from the Hamptons, Long Island.

"Rich birds", from the Hamptons, with the jewelry to prove it! lolol

HAH! Rich birds with bling. Whoda thunk it? They coulda used better security.:D

RamSlammer

I've hunted ducks and geese for over 30 years and killed many hundreds but, have never killed a banded bird. Others around me have on several occasions - I just seem to have a band jinx or something.

snipecatcher

I shot a banded redhead drake last year here in south Texas. It had been banded 6 months earlier in Manitoba, Canada. Such a long journey only to be blasted out of the sky. Such is the life of a duck.
-Dan