Good quality gun belt for the money

Spats McGee

Administrator
For hunting, which the OP mentioned, I'd be looking at the nylon belts. Rigger belts? Is that right. I have an Aker B21, which held up well for years, then upgraded to a Beltman belt. I like mine much better than Brian Pfleuger apparently likes his, but I do have to admit that after about a year of wear, it does not "look brand new," as I've hard claimed. It looks very good, but not brand new. I got mine with the kydex insert, and it holds up any gun I choose very well. Yes, those should be Chicago screws, not rivets. mine came loose once. I just check them periodically now.

On the cheap end of the spectrum, I have a DeSantis Econobelt. I probably paid ~$20 for it about 7 years ago. It has held up surprisingly well, and I haven't had any complaints about it sagging, either.

It's about time to replace the Econobelt, so I may try one of the Crossbreed belts that BP likes.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
BobCat45 said:
Those look like "Chicago screws", not rivets.

Yes, that's what they are, I forgot the name... the thing that gets me is that they expect the customer to Loctite them themselves. They even say so in their FAQs, saying "we can't do that here for obvious reasons"... well, those reasons aren't so obvious to me... actually, doing it in house would seem a lot more obvious.

Spats McGee said:
For hunting, which the OP mentioned, I'd be looking at the nylon belts.

I looked right over the hunting part.... I would concur. An infinitely adjustable belt would be my choice for hunting, since I might be wearing it in regular blue jeans or might have to wear it outside 5 layers of camo/insulation.

I've often considered the Galco Reinforced Instructors belt.

ms6852

I use Cross Breed belts as daily wear and will carry full size 1911 or my 686 S&W with 3" barrel without sagging. Great belts.

Spats McGee

Administrator
. . . . I looked right over the hunting part.... I would concur. An infinitely adjustable belt would be my choice for hunting, since I might be wearing it in regular blue jeans or might have to wear it outside 5 layers of camo/insulation. . . . .
Or might fall out of a boat, or get rained on, or . . . .

Spats McGee

Administrator
Sure I have, but it's not always possible. But getting to the blind for a duck hunter often means a boat ride. There's only two kinds of duck hunters in this world: Those that have been wet, and those that will be. Right wrong or indifferent, I fall into the first category. And yes, I actually did fall out of the boat.