Good quality gun belt for the money

KBP

Looking for a good quality belt for cc and even for caring a revolver during hunting season. Regular belts are not up to these tasks. So many choices and the prices are nuts! Need advice on brands to consider or places to buy from.

1MoreFord

I like my BigFoot Gunbelt. I have the 1-1/2" 14oz metal lined version. It'll hold up anything you want to carry.

Rangerrich99

I've had a Blade-Tech ultimate Carry Belt now for a couple years and for durability and performance it's as good as anything out there.

https://blade-tech.com/products/ucb?variant=5617200955420

The link I provided shows the nylon version, which is what I have. These belts are easy to use, easy to fit, have an integral reinforced internal polymer core (to prevent sagging), feature 1/4-inch adjustments, and are rated for 1,300-lbs. tensile break strength.

They now have a leather version, but I don't have any first-hand experience with it, though the ratcheting system and the stiff insert are probably identical.

I got the ballistic nylon version because I wanted to use it on fishing and hunting trips, where I knew it'd get wet for weather or sweat. After slogging through streams/marshes/whatever I simply rinse it under a hose and then take the buckle off and toss the belt into the wash and air dry (not sure if it's dryer-safe).

When my current "around town" carry belt kicks the bucket I'll probably buy a leather version of the Blade-Tech.

Doyle

I just bought 2 on Ebay. Great belts. Supposedly made by the Amish. Double thick leather. I paid around $41 for the plain belt and about $44 for a tooled one.

BumbleBug

I bought my leather belt at Tractor Supply for about $22. Heavy, tough, stiff-enough yet comfortable. Carries my H&K P30 like it's not there. It holds my pants up too!

dcydj7.jpg

Captains1911

Do you want nylon or leather? For nylon it’s really hard to beat The Wilderness Instructior belt, 5-stitch. I have 3 that I’ve been using for years, including EDC, competition, and hunting/hiking/outdoors stuff, and just can’t seem to wear them out. Plus, I much prefer the infinite adjustability feature vs. preset holes in leather belts.

ocharry

I have both..leather and the instructor type nylon...I hardly ever wear the leather anymore..

I have an old galco that has the plastic insert in it...it will hold up anything you put on it...I didn't think I would like it until I started using it....it is my favorite

Short story..I lost some weight...wanted a smaller one just like it...?bought what was said to be another that I thought had the stiffener in it ...it didn't but it is still pretty stiff...so I called galco...they dont make them with the insert anymore....well sh.....shucks

So I thought I would try another brand....uncle mikes...with the stiffener insert...got it on eBay for 25-28 bucks.....

Well it is just as good as the galco...only about half price....nice belt.....they are indestructible....

For every day....hold up your pants and anything else you put on....my favorite....and like said...infinite adjustability

My .02

Ocharry

Winny

Hard to beat 30dollargunbelt.com

Couple of really nice, affordable options that hold up to the task.

Grits & Guts makes a very comfortable gun belt for about $25-30 as well thats a little lighter duty but would work for mid-size to compact firearms

Good luck

Chainsaw.

Ive worn one of crossbreeds double thick leather belts for a long time and atill enjoy it. Been a great valie given the miles Ive gotten out of it!

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I had a Crossbreed belt that was awesome. Lasted about 7 years.

I had heard good things about Beltman, so I got one of theirs instead... even upgraded to horsehide or whatever it is... it was 50% more expensive than the Crossbreed and 50% the quality. It didn’t hold shape for 6 months, then one of the rivets fell out. Apparently you’re supposed to Loctite them yourself. Nah. Next time I’ll save the 1/2 cent worth of Loctite and the $50 on the belt and get a Crossbreed...

BobCat45

Sorry to read that about Beltman. I have been wearing one of his belts since about 1996-7, just after Texas got concealed carry, and it has held up beautifully.

If his quality has gone as far downhill as you report, I suppose my next belt will be different.

This is just to tag this thread for future reference.

BobCat45

You are, of course, quite correct - one data point should not be given undue weight.

It is just that circumstances change over time, and in weak moments I'm ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Having tagged this thread by posting, I figured I'd find out more as other folks posted their experiences. I'd like to read a bunch of (current, not ancient like mine) experiences, praising Beltman for being just as good as ever.

Those look like "Chicago screws", not rivets. Anything threaded can come loose, and will, over time. A properly set rivet should not fall out, and a properly installed screw should take it's time coming loose.

Glad you like the Crossbreed!