Good hunting rifles

308Loader

Ruger American in 308 or 7-08. love mine in .308 shoots well lots of features. Should be able to find one with a scope in the 300'S

NWCP

You might be able to find a decent Winchester Model 94 in 30-30, or .32 Winchester Special close to your price range. For deer hunting from 100-250 yards in heavy brush They'd work just fine. I have a .32 Winchester Special that my dad used for years to put venison on the table and me after he passed on.

eastbank

i picked up a H&R handi rifle in 30-30 for a truck rifle,single shot,light and short. i mounted a 2.5x bushnell used scope on it and with federal walmart 150gr shells i shoots 1.5-2 inch groups at 100 yrds not bad for a 125.00 rifle with a 30.00 scope. i did refinish the stock as the factory finish was junk. eastbank.

Wyosmith

If $300 is the top dollar you can spend I'd say the Mosin Nagant is going to be one to look at. Any rifle that is good enough to hunt men with is good enough to hunt deer with.
Yard sales and pawn shops may have any number of more modern rifles now and then for sale too, but you have to look around, and a lot depends on where you are located.
At $400 things open up a LOT more, but $300 is going to be a challenge.
If you find a more modern rifles for $300 in many cases you will also need to buy a scope and mounts. So a $300 rifles probably really is a $400-$450 rifle or more anyway before you are ready to fill the freezer with venison.
If you use a Mosin Nagant you are ready to hunt Bambi as soon as you zero it in with soft point ammo.

scottycoyote

you can find ruger americans, marlin x7 and marlin 200's all for around 300, heck sometimes new americans for 300. All awesome guns for the money