Good books: Train your Brain

I am looking for a book that explains such things as double action, single action, striker fired, various types and grains of ammunition and the reasons to choose them. The basic books I have found seem to spend so much of their word space on gun safety that they forget to address the other aspects. I am not denigrating safety, but you can find that everywhere and more of the same is not what I am searching for.

Hey Kate, welcome to the forum. That's a simple fix. Click on pax's link at her signature. Buy that book. All you need for the time being. :)

It's pathetic that I'm such a fan-girl of his stuff, but I am. Nice to know I'm not alone.

... well, on the fan- part, not on the -girl bit.

No worries! I'm a huge fan now too. His writing is excellent. Can't wait to finish this one and get "Unthinkable" already.

Kalamity Kate

Are you telling me the book, "The Unthinkable" is what I need to buy to answer my basic gun and ammo questions? Or are you telling me to read "The Cornered Cat"? I have read many of Kathy's articles including the one on ammo but that does not answer most of the beginner questions I have. But it is a great article and I printed all 19 pages.