Going downhill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Wallew,

I'm pretty frustrated with some things I'm seeing on this forum of late and that probably led to my post being a little less diplomatic than it could have been. I could have posted skeptically without resorting to ridicule.

It's not so much your claim that it takes more than one head shot to take a person down with a .223 that got me. Strange things happen sometimes--there was a railroad worker many years ago who got a tamping rod blown through his brain and survived with relatively minor problems.

What really torqued me was all the BS about the clearance. Maybe you have HAD one and maybe you haven't. But you certainly don't HAVE one now if you can't quote the contract that you're working on or the organization that is sponsoring your clearance. Just because you HELD a clearance at one time and might be able to get it again if you need to doesn't mean you HAVE one now.

I didn't dispense that little bit of information for you--you were debriefed when you left your last job requiring access to classified information--which means that YOU already know you don't currently hold a clearance.

I'm not going to pick apart your posts to determine if you interacted with your "buddies" during the time you actually might have held a clearance, but again, that's not the big issue. If they could tell me something (in person or otherwise) then so can you. I don't care who you (or your buddies) are, no-one can downgrade classified to satisfy an argument with someone. Even if I could prove that I had adequate security clearances, you and your buddies couldn't tell me anything unless you could validate my need-to-know. An internet argument doesn't qualify as need-to-know. Not by any twisted stretch of the imagination.

Besides, the one thing that I find is nearly universal among people who actually hold clearances is that they don't generally mention them to strangers. There's no point--you can't discuss any details--about all it's good for is to gull the gullible and impress the easily impressed.

You sound like a pretty interesting and knowledgeable fellow, and also quite even-tempered--those are all good things, and for what it's worth, your posts usually seem well-informed. I appreciate your offer, and would gladly take you up on it--although it seems unlikely that we will cross paths--I'm guessing you're somewhere on the east coast.

Good shooting,

John

Last edited:

Danindetroit

You are in the navy. to get into the armed forces you take the asfab or whatever because they do not know what type of education you have. The test I am refering to measures your basic knowledge at a 12th grade level. Nothing about the military is on the test because you are not in the military when you take the test. You can take the test again if you did not make the grade needed, after 90 days no sooner. You are told that you will be checked to see if you are taking the test too early. I think you were in boot correct. I had a person who was going into the navy take the test right next to me. So how did you luck out.

Handy

This is getting annoying. The ASTB doensn't have any military content. I said it tests basic reading and math, plus some FLYING content. It is a test administered to college graduates.

Your tone is starting to irk me. I am in the Navy. I am a pilot. There is no requirement for pilot officers candidates to take the ASVAB as they already have another test, your college transcript and SAT or ACT scores. I didn't get "lucky", you just don't know what you're talking about when it comes to these programs.

I DO remember the tests I actually did have to take. And I spent an hour last week coaching one of my guys who wants to retake the ASVAB through the math portion.

Instead of this kid's stuff, why don't you PM Tamara, one of the moderators, and ask her what I do. But I've been very polite answering these type of questions, and my patience for doing so is ending.

Danindetroit

I get it whenever somebody doubts you, you are able to call in the moderators. But when I respond with facts either you never post again. You just don't like facts.

JohnKSa

Administrator
No sweat,

and no apology required. I don't aspire to control the content of the threads I start--it's too much like hard work. ;)

BTW, Handy's not trying to call in the mods on you--I think he's trying to tell you that Tamara knows him personally and can vouch for his occupation.

Status
Not open for further replies.