Goex vs. Schuetzen

ThomasT

That $456 for 25 pounds of Goex is right in line with what Powder Inc is getting for 25 pounds. Except powderInc you can mix grades in the order. Jacks says no mixed orders. But thanks for the link. I had never heard of them.

There you go. You got the kernel sizing down pat as the grading to F size doesn't need to be exact.

As far as a pressing die. I'll P/m you the place where most of us home powder makers bought ours. The fellows Pressing Die is machined aluminum >so it is nice. Just a idea. You could ask the maker: How's about a machine mark on the outside wall to indicate correct volume of filling? i.e. so to not make your pucks too thick. Dried pucks are a bit difficult in their breaking up so to grind. Extra thick pucks wiil form a line of sweat on your brow.

ThomasT

Sure Shot yes send the PM with the sellers info on the press cylinder. I bet its the same one I saw used one of the Youtube videos i watched. Brush Hippy I think.

And he made the point that pucks made too thick were harder to deal with so I will make thin pucks. I bet I can squeeze them in my table vice. If not I have several 12 ton jacks and I guess I can do the compression using my truck for dead weight. Should be able to get 2500-3000 pounds. That oughta do it.:D