GO TO GUN

Skans

Kahr K9 for 2-legged intruders. AR-15 with night vision for Coyotes that get too close to my house.

Why the Kahr K9? Because 1) the wife can shoot it easily and safely; 2) I can shoot it as good as anything else its size 3) its easy to get to and perfectly reliable; 4) I don't have to keep it locked up and if it gets stolen (which isn't likely where I'm at), I'll just report it to the cops and not cry over it.

It's just so much easier for me to grab a pistol and clear each room of my house if I need to rather than go for the AR. Yes, If a noise in the night wakes me up - I'M LAZY!!! And, tired. I just want to check out everything and get back to bed.

Oh, I keep a .22LR by the door for varmints. Just for the heck of it, I shot a round at my burn-barrel (can always use more air-vents) to see what would happen. I was super-surprised to see it go through both sides of the steel drum and the hole it made on the far side of the barrel looked like it was shot with a 9mm. Made me realize that .22lr out of a rifle is actually a formidable round. Muzzle energy is not too far off from that of an average 38 special round fired from a revolver.

Last edited:

FITASC

In order of ease to grab:

SIG P365
Ruger PCC
Mossberg 500

The Ruger is set up for 32 round Glock mags