GO TO GUN

oldbear1950

Was wondering what everyone's go to gun is at night. Mine is a Taurus Judge, and a Mossberg 12 guage pump. Both in the bedroom.
I live in the city, so leave the rifles and I have two to use in case things really go bad , a 38/357 Rossi 16 inch barrel carbine, and a Henry 45-70 for if things get really big

44 AMP

Staff
Go to gun in he middle of the night?

"no name" Chinese made 12 ga SxS coach gun. Decades old now. Works reliably and I also have a large and very LOUD dog who doesn't like strangers 2 or 4 legged. I live miles out of town, and several hundred yards away from the closest neighbor.

(there will probably be a Colt .38 in my pocket as well, as "backup)

rickyrick

I carry a beretta 92fs, or it’s within reach.
I keep some ARs around the house when I’m home also…

But,
I have a Great Pyrenees that screens my visitors at night, haha… I have plenty of time to select a gun leisurely.

PolarFBear

Sears 12 gage SxS, with 4 more on the shoulder stock. I just shoot two into the air just like Slo' Joe told me to do.

KyJim

Whatever I’ve been carrying is usually in the nightstand with a Mossberg 500 and an AR-15 in the closet.

Hawg

A 20 inch barrel 12 gauge pump in the bedroom. A 1911 on top of my computer tower less that two feet away from my hand.

BourbonCowboy

Great minds think alike. I keep a Judge on the nightstand...

p3733233041-4.jpg

And either a Shockwave or this 500 in the corner...

p1270741708-4.jpg

Buzzcook

I'm guessing you mean for self protection. I haven't carried for decades.
I used to keep a Montgomery Ward 20ga loaded with goose shot by the bed. Don't anymore.
IMHO firearms for self defense are mostly a fashion choice and thank goodness for that.

rickyrick

The other day, a pack of coyotes had a deer cornered just inside the forest line near my house and was making one heck of a commotion…
Finally I had enough, so I put on my snake boots, chose a mossberg and emptied it into to the creek bank behind my house and everyone decided to go home… that’s the most I’ve needed a gun in a while lol, turned out to be a quiet afternoon

44caliberkid

Charter Bulldog 44 Special in the night stand, AR-15 carbine in the bedroom closet. There is also a 2 1/2 inch S&W Model 66 between the mattresses.