Glocks Can Break!

threegun

Never had a Glock break on me. I even shot a bunch of lead range reloads through my 10mm model 20 before I knew it was a no-no. Own 9 Glock pistols now and have sold or traded a dozen or more Glock pistols since I began carrying them a decade and a half ago.

RevolverLover

Your right and wrong, both at the same time.

My 17 broke within the first 200 rounds when new, was fixed by Glock, then failed again a little while down the road, and in the exact same manner. The trigger locked up both times and could not be pulled to fire the weapon. I got rid of it when it came back.

I had a S&W 940 when they first came out. It too locked up within the first 200 rounds. You could not pull the trigger to fire the weapon. I also had to take the gun apart to unload it so I could send it back. They sent me a new one, same serial number, but the lettering was totally different than the gun I sent back. It too locked up, the exact same way, within 200 rounds or so. I told them I didnt want the gun back in 9mm, so they sent me a 642.

I take it 200 isn't your lucky number. ;)

FLA2760

Re Glocks can break too

I have a Rossi .357 that I bought new that locked up after 12 rounds. They fixed it and it is fine. I carry a Glock27 with a Colt Pony .380 as a BUG and a BIG Cold Steel folder. Plan A, B and C :D

P-990

jlh26oo,

I kept running it because the message I got at the time was only some of the models were affected. At any rate, when it's a range gun, I'm not overly concerned. Come to think of it, it was still functioning at the end of the last range session and didn't lose any accuracy or anything. I suspect the rail was broken by the end of that trip and I never knew until tear-down time. Kind of different from a set of brakes that stop working.

And I've had revolvers tie up. Gunk under the extractor, high primers and my favorite of all time, an unscrewed-ejector rod on a S&W 629.

Believe it or not, the most trouble-free firearm I've owned is my AR-15! :eek: Though my Remmy 700 wasn't bad either, it would fail to feed from time to time. :(

AK103K

And I've had revolvers tie up. Gunk under the extractor, high primers and my favorite of all time, an unscrewed-ejector rod on a S&W 629.
I've had the ejector rod back out on a couple of Smiths, as well as the screw what holds the cylinder in. Nothing like having the cylinder fall to the ground when you go to close it, and then trying to find that little screw. Loc Tite on both right off is a good idea. The gunk under the star can usually be avoided if you dump your empties muzzle up.

Sturmgewehre

I had that too on my 686. I couldn't figure out why the damn cylinder was impossible to close. I looked and looked... then noticed it was unscrewed. That would have sucked in a gunfight.

TheWanderer

I've a brand new G19 I've owned for about 6 weeks now that I've not even gotten a chance to fire yet. At this rate it will be 30 years before I get 7500 rounds through it.