Glocks and ammo?

JohnKSa

Administrator
Glock is really big on commonality of parts.

The classic example is when they changed the 9mm frames to match the .40/.357 frames. There was no reason to do so from a durability/function standpoint, it just made things easier from a manufacturing/maintenance standpoint for all the frames to be the same.

They tried the same thing with the Recoil Spring Assemblies when they came out with the Gen4 guns but with less success. They almost immediately had to come out with caliber specific versions.

jonnyc

In almost 6000 rounds, my 43X has been 100% with everything I've fed it. And that's using both Glock and Shield mags.

chris in va

A guy at the range last week was shooting a new 19x and was having all kinds of malfunctions. The range officer came over and showed him how to get a firm grip and most jams stopped, but I really didn't see how he was limp wristing much before, looked like a decent hold to me.

reynolds357

A guy at the range last week was shooting a new 19x and was having all kinds of malfunctions. The range officer came over and showed him how to get a firm grip and most jams stopped, but I really didn't see how he was limp wristing much before, looked like a decent hold to me.
Limp wristing will definitely cause ftf fte in Glock.
One of the biggest problems our female officers had when we transitioned from Smith 5906 to Glock.

TunnelRat

Limp wristing will definitely cause ftf fte in Glock.
One of the biggest problems our female officers had when we transitioned from Smith 5906 to Glock.

Glocks are about the only pistols with which my wife can cause limp wrist malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highpower3006

I have a G48, which as you know, has the same frame as a 43X and have had no problems with either 115 grain range ammo or Hornady Critical Defense. I just bought a 19X a couple of days ago and I won't have a chance to shoot it until next weekend. I have a mixed lot of 115 and 124 grain ammo I want to run through it along with some heavier defense ammo.

If this thread is still somewhat active, I will report back back on it. If not, perhaps I will start a new one with the update.